First time cruiser taking the Magic Med Cruise!!

Reb808

Okay so we are SUPER excited to take this cruise!

Just want to say thanks to everyone, reading these boards has been really helpful!

Just a couple of questions:

Do a lot of the little girls wear princess dresses? I was thinking of picking up a new one for my 8 yo daughter who has long since grown out of hers I think it would be cute for her to wear to dinner one night (or more, depending on how light we pack!)

Are the tipping guidelines the same for the longer cruise? All the recommendations have 3,4 and 7 day amounts... Just wanted to double check, unfortunately this isn't something we thought about before booking (like I said we are new cruisers) so this is altering our budget quite a bit!

How do we add more money into our OBC before we leave? I would like to have a little extra in there to cushion our daily expenses.

Anyone have a older two year old go into the older kids group? My son is potty trained and I think would do much better if he was in the same area as his sister, but not sure how strictly they enforce the age limit.

Thanks sooo much!

Okay so we are SUPER excited to take this cruise!

Just want to say thanks to everyone' date=' reading these boards has been really helpful!

Just a couple of questions:

Do a lot of the little girls wear princess dresses? I was thinking of picking up a new one for my 8 yo daughter who has long since grown out of hers I think it would be cute for her to wear to dinner one night (or more, depending on how light we pack!)

Are the tipping guidelines the same for the longer cruise? All the recommendations have 3,4 and 7 day amounts... Just wanted to double check, unfortunately this isn't something we thought about before booking (like I said we are new cruisers) so this is altering our budget quite a bit!

How do we add more money into our OBC before we leave? I would like to have a little extra in there to cushion our daily expenses.

Anyone have a older two year old go into the older kids group? My son is potty trained and I think would do much better if he was in the same area as his sister, but not sure how strictly they enforce the age limit.

Thanks sooo much![/quote']

Yes girls wear princess dresses alot, especially at dinner. Many love to wear them on formal night. :Last crusie i saw several with the dress, tiara, gloves and wand on formal night. They looked so cute. Plus at the princess meet and greet it makes for an great photo with the princesses when the girls have on their favorite princesses dresses too.

You can call DCL and they can add to your OBC account or wait until you board the ship and go to guest services and add to it.

Not sure about your question about the 2 year old.

Be sure and go to the Roll Call thread and find your cruise date and post there to get aquainted with others on your cruise. If you dont see your date then start a thread yourself and others will find you.;)

Archived