Grand Turks & Golf Cart Rentals?

jessegirl88

Hi everyone, leaving 7/11 on CP - We were wondering if Grand Turk is safe enough to rent golf carts and drive around the island? Has anyone done this? We think it might be a neat way to see the island.

Thanks;)

We did this last September. It was fun but there is not a lot to see on Grand Turk. It is a safe island and very easy to get around. We went into town, to the light house, and a few beaches. The locals are use to the golf carts and we never felt uncomfortable or rushed. If a car is behind you they just wait for a chance to pass. If you are from the US just remember you drive on the opposite side of the road. I am glad we did it. It was fun just zipping around the island.

Kevin

Hi everyone, leaving 7/11 on CP - We were wondering if Grand Turk is safe enough to rent golf carts and drive around the island? Has anyone done this? We think it might be a neat way to see the island.

Thanks;)

Hi there Jessegirl88,

I just got the information below from a poster that went to GT recently and is going back in a week. There is an email address also. It seems that they sell out of golf carts so I emailed for our trip there in June. Hopefully, we will get one. Good luck to you as well!

Angel :)

Also, I am headed there in a week and decided to try and reserve a golf cart in advance (although when we were there before there were plenty) and the guy I emailed says he is all booked up and he is the only one on the island with carts. So I would email him soon, his email is: nathanandlinda@tciway.tc

Thanks I will do. I emailed him, hopefully, he answers.

quote=angelsbaby1;24068258]Hi there Jessegirl88,

\

I just got the information below from a poster that went to GT recently and is going back in a week. There is an email address also. It seems that they sell out of golf carts so I emailed for our trip there in June. Hopefully, we will get one. Good luck to you as well!

Angel :)

Also, I am headed there in a week and decided to try and reserve a golf cart in advance (although when we were there before there were plenty) and the guy I emailed says he is all booked up and he is the only one on the island with carts. So I would email him soon, his email is: nathanandlinda@tciway.tc

Renting a golf cart sounds OK but since there's not much to see you'd be better off enjoying either the beach (slightly rocky) or the clean & huge swimming pool located right off the ship.

or do all the above. Went rented cart and went all over the island still had plenty of time to stop at the pool and have lunch. Yes there is not a lot to see but we loved just seeing the island and yes the people are very nice there. Also got a big kick out of see the wildlife just roaming around.

or do all the above. Went rented cart and went all over the island still had plenty of time to stop at the pool and have lunch. Yes there is not a lot to see but we loved just seeing the island and yes the people are very nice there. Also got a big kick out of see the wildlife just roaming around.

Yea, but I saw enough jack asses at the pool in Margaritaville to satisfy me.

We visited Grand Turk shortly after the hurricane that hit the island in 2008.

I wanted to support the islanders so immediately after leaving the ship we walked right past the Carnival built pool and shopping area and went across the street where a vendor had golf carts for rent.

We drove the entire island witnessing the hurricane damage and interacting with some of the citizens. Even though there was still no electrical power in many of the areas we looked for shops that were open so we could spend some money.

It was very easy to drive the island and the cars were very patient if we slowed them down. I don't think more than 2 adults are comfortable in a cart.

There are lots of opportunities to sit at beaches and pools while on a cruise and I think every once in a while we should make an attempt to learn more about an island culture and spend some money directly with the citizens.

I'm sure that much of the island has been rebuilt but it is still a nice opportunity to help people in one of the poorer countries that cruise ships stop at.

When we have visited638951413_rDoRc-L.jpg Princess Cay we always go to the small shopping area that is run by the locals as opposed to the 'Princess approved' one by the beach.

Yea, but I saw enough jack asses at the pool in Margaritaville to satisfy me.

We were there a few weeks ago and I agree.:o

We did go to the Conch Farm and really enjoyed it and had a good meal there as well.

Mike:)

Archived