How raised are the Hot Tubs on the Dream

prboro

My wife and I are going on our first cruise in August of 2011. We are booked in room number #6268. I read somewhere on Cruise Critic about the Hot tubs being elevated and the users could see into their room. Looking at the deck plans, 6268 is just above the Hot Tubs, I think. Is this going to be a privacy problem? I don't want to have Hot Tub users peering in on us. Any other info or pictures of room 6268 would be greatly appreciated.

Trust me - You can.

Yep Don...That is an a-firmative....I am almost 6 feet tall and the deck of those hot tubs on deck 5 were up to my shoulders.....Glad Floatie and I were more aft on deck six.....;)

FYI as well..............we were on Verandah overlooking a hot tub......you will unfortunately have to listen to loud conversations, yelling, and laughter, etc., mostly from those in the water.

I guess due to the noise bouncing off the inside glass around the tub...at times heard every word while trying to rest and do nothing but gaze.

Really not at all like our previous private balconies overloooking and hearing only the open seas.

Unlikely we'll do it again.

I was on Empress deck 7, between 2 hot tubs and we could hear a couple very LOUD groups. I would NEVER recommend deck 6 to anyone on the Dream.

OP - IMO I'd change to a higher deck while you can.

Any suggestions for rooms and deck in the 8A class. We were suggested deck 6 by our travel agent because we have never cruised before and i guess that is suppose to be safe motion sickness-wise. Thanks for the help and the pics kind of freaked me out that anyone would have shots like that. Almost answered my question with a pic.

Any suggestions for rooms and deck in the 8A class. We were suggested deck 6 by our travel agent because we have never cruised before and i guess that is suppose to be safe motion sickness-wise. Thanks for the help and the pics kind of freaked me out that anyone would have shots like that. Almost answered my question with a pic.

The lower you are the less motion you will feel. You could try a cove balcony on deck 2.

Archived