Included Restarurants on the STAR

prncsscruiser

Hey everyone, just wondering, besides the MDR, what other areas on the ship are free to eat. Are some free during lunch, and not dinner? Is the buffet called the market cafe? Thanks everyone! if you want you can include your favorites and what is "not to miss" and what is a "pass". Thanks! can't wait to try NCL this summer.

If there was pizza and pasta we missed that on our December Star cruise, but then we never looked for it! Entirely possible! We just never walked over to the Italian restaurant side of the buffet during the day. There is so much food to choose from that there was no need! Yes, there are burgers and hot dogs out by the pool during lunchtime and perhaps other times - again - never checked that, but can always get stuff from room service too!! You need NEVER be hungry on the Star!!!:D

Good to hear, I am not too concerned about going hungry, just trying to figure out all of my options before hand :-) I like to plan A LOT. I am looking forward to the ship, it seems nice. This is our first time on NCL, I do like trying out different cruise lines, so that is my goal for all of my future cruises. I already know that I will always love princess, but I might as well try all of the other lines just to see what else is out there.

We were on the Star last year and had a ball. Here are a couple foodie options we discovered.

1st - While everyone with carry-on luggage, strollers and children were trying to maneuver around the Market Café for their embarkation day buffet we found that the Versailles main dinning room was open for lunch! We had a wonderful sit down meal along with only about 2 dozen other people. It was a great surprise and much more relaxing than upstairs.

2nd – With Freestyle dining we found that our best bet for seating was to be at the MDR doors when they opened. As long as we were in the 1st wave, there was no wait for a table. Eating that early was closer to our normal dinner time. The Versailles dining room close at 9pm but the Aqua dining room stayed open until 10PM. We found that many nights we’d end up back at the Aqua, after the evening show for a second desert or that other appetizer we wished we would have had at dinner. We felt so decadent. It was great!

3rd – Not a big one but we found we used this more than once. The Kid’s Café, at the side of the Market Café, always had French fries and often fried mushrooms with ranch dressing. These were not usually available in the “adult” section of the buffet.

Topsiders Grill at the pool is great for hamburgers, pizzas and such. Don’t miss the Blue Lagoon and if you ask them, they will make it to-go for munching poolside or to take back to your room.

the BLUE LAGOON which was our favorite on the STAR-pre dock changes

location of the BL etc...but anyway its open 23 hrs they are closed in the morn for an hr (cleaning) but they have GREAT chicken strips and wings

GOOD chef salad...they even made me a grilled cheese--we probably made a NIGHTLY stop almost everynight and had lots TO GO...we LOVED the staff there!!!

not sure if it is still available...but POPCORN at the Red Lion Pub--hubby LOVED his daily snack!!

want a milkshake....just get some icecream from the soft serve (buffet) in a glass add a little milk stir and there you have a DELISH afternoon or eve before they close the buffet treat works for a float too instead of milk add the soda---i discovered this little trick on the JEWEL wish i had on the STAR for my 2 weeks thru the Canal.

ENJOY the STAR was our FAVORITE ship*

dont forget to TRY the Pretzel rolls in the buffet and in the MDR feel FREE to substitute like the diff potatoes with the different meat choices...i was surprised how many people didnt order the steak cos it came with frenchfries and they wanted mashed...you can ALWAYS ASK...they are VERY accomondating!!!

Now i don't know for sure because I am not in a suite, but I believe you can eat breakfast, maybe lunch in Cagney's if you are in a suite. I will certainly have to try the pretzel rolls, they sound good. I have a feeling that we will spend a lot of time at the Blue Lagoon, their menu sounds pretty good, we love chicken. We are planning on eating the remainder of the meals in the MDR, my best tip for any MDR on any ship...ask the waiter what he recommends. every time I follow their recommendation, I am always so pleased and happy that I ordered that rather than what I would have ordered. They know how the food tastes and the feedback that they get from people.

Now i don't know for sure because I am not in a suite, but I believe you can eat breakfast, maybe lunch in Cagney's if you are in a suite. I will certainly have to try the pretzel rolls, they sound good. I have a feeling that we will spend a lot of time at the Blue Lagoon, their menu sounds pretty good, we love chicken. We are planning on eating the remainder of the meals in the MDR, my best tip for any MDR on any ship...ask the waiter what he recommends. every time I follow their recommendation, I am always so pleased and happy that I ordered that rather than what I would have ordered. They know how the food tastes and the feedback that they get from people.

That's good info to know. Thanks!

Archived