TBA Tags - Nervous About Leaving with Porter!

Rowan555

I'm assuming when we hand our bags over to the porter with our boring grey TBA tags, someone along the way will check the manifest and put our deck/stateroom number on the tags so they end up in the right spot? I'm just a little nervous about my bags ending up in La La Land!

I swear, Rowan, you're gonna be a nervous wreck until you get on that ship!:D

I had TBA tags last cruise, although my PVP had told me my cabin number a few days prior to the cruise. No time to get new ones sent.... The guy looked me up on the manifest, and just changed tags for me when I gave him my luggage. No biggie. RELAX, girl!:)

Learning new things all the time! I was wondering this same thing, as I booked our cruise less than a week before sailing. Perhaps I'm just a control freak, but it is nice to know what to expect when I arrive at port. Thanks from a lurker!

Cotton - oh no, is my anxiety disorder showing through? LOL, I'm not all that nervous, I just REALLY need to know what to expect. You'd think since I've cruised out of this port 3 times already and picked my parents up from their cruises 3 other times I'd not even be THINKING about these things. But I'm sitting here waiting for the laundry to finish, and the wheels are turning in my mind. Don't worry, my mind will be off the cruise shortly, as I have schoolwork to do with my son, laundry to fold and hang, work to do, and other non-cruise related issues to attend to. I promise, no more nutty questions :-)

On the last cruise we had TBA as well. I had printed stickers for the luggage tags but left the cabin number blank.

The porter looked up the cabin number on the manifest and gave me the correct tag color. All I had to do was write the cabin number on the sticker using a Sharpie and then slap the sticker onto the new tag. Voila - bags were delivered without incident.

From one lurker to another - I booked my last cruise (1/16 Conquest) so late that I didn't have tickets or luggage tags sent. TA said to pick them up at check-in. Thanks to advice I read on these boards while lurking, I took a few return address labels that my insurance agent sends me every few months. When I found the porter, I handed him a few with our cabin assignment written on them. When we got to the room, the luggage showed up just fine, with our cabin number filled in by the porter, and the labels stuck on the tags.

We had booked an inside guaranty (what can I say, I'm cheap) and at check in had been assigned 1106. Great, I said, down in the galley-slave quarters as usual. When we boarded, we went down to deck 1, and were puzzled that the directions showed all cabin numbers begining with 1200. I found a steward, and asked directions. Oh, that cabin is on deck 11, the spa deck. When we walked in, and saw the floor to ceiling windows, I told DW to unpack quickly, before they realized their mistake. We had been kissed squarely on the mouth by the upgrade fairy! Shoot, it was so nice that we rigged up DW's little battery powered hand-held fan on the table by the window, and pretended we had a balcony cabin, with the wind caressing us gently.

We had a suite guaranty on both of our previous Carnival cruises, so we too had the TBA tags. Don't worry at all. :D The manifest gets checked when the porter is sorting your bags and the new tags are put right on your bags in front of you.

Have a great time!

Archived