Legend in Madeira today ~4-19th

Martita B.

Martita, I'm aboard the legend and disembarking on Wednesday. We were out of satellite TV range until roughly two days ago when everyone found out about the volcano and the air travel stoppage. Lots of people aboard disembarking headed to all over Europe and back to the US. I've been tracking flight departures on my laptop out of Lisbon (I'm an ex military pilot). It looks like a fairly significant trend of loosening more daily roughly a third took off today with 2/3 cancelled - geographically related, north cancelled, south departed okay. I THOUGHT that there would be a massive failure to appear on Wednesday for the embarkation of the new batch of passengers, however my AMEX platinum cruise rep told me via email no more than an hour ago that they have only two open cabins aboard they are willing to discuss. I don't believe them. If passengers can't get to LIsbon, they cannot embark. We thought about continuing until the literal dust settles. I've asked the hotel manager aboard to keep me appraised of the situation - but Seabourn HQs only opened back up for business this morning - monday and I think they are playing catch up not knowing WHAT is going to happen with the new passengers. I believe that by Wednesday Europe will be reopened for travel within the continent. At least I hope so or Lisbon will be my new home.

Len

I just checked the Seabourn website as to open suites ~April 21st from Lisbon. There ARE A's and A1's available.

Visit with the Hotel Manager ~~I'm sure there will be many open suites for the following sailing.

Good Luck!

MB

Hoping Len and other Sailor's disembarking today in Lisbon were able to fly ~~

I contacted my car/driver in Lisbon a few days ago suggesting he be at the Lisbon terminal (Apr. 21st) to assist and drive anyone needing transfers.

Congratulations to Capt. Anderssen for another successful Transatlantic Crossing~~

Martita B.

Archived