Upsell to A1 Villa ?

KevinsCruising

My family of 4 and my sister in law and her husband are in 2 AB Penthouse Suites on the May 1st sailing of the Jewel. This morning I was made an offer for us to give up both of our Penthouses and go into an A1 Villa. Yes, the big daddy of them all. But, it is still too expensive for us to do that. I had to decline and told them to keep me on the list if the price drops or if they feel like upgrading us through the goodness of their hearts. :rolleyes:.

We are very happy with the AB's so no worries here. It would have cost an additional almost $6,000 to move to the A1. Maybe one day ! :o

My family of 4 and my sister in law and her husband are in 2 AB Penthouse Suites on the May 1st sailing of the Jewel. This morning I was made an offer for us to give up both of our Penthouses and go into an A1 Villa. Yes, the big daddy of them all. But, it is still too expensive for us to do that. I had to decline and told them to keep me on the list if the price drops or if they feel like upgrading us through the goodness of their hearts. :rolleyes:.

We are very happy with the AB's so no worries here. It would have cost an additional almost $6,000 to move to the A1. Maybe one day ! :o

WOW, $6000 is a LOT more. I would have had to say no also. Even if you guys split it, $3000 can get you another cruise!!

Hopefully they will call back with a much lower offer! ;)

We got a similar call a couple months ago. We were booked in an A3 and NCL wanted to upsell us to the Garden Villa for an additional 7K!!

I asked them to keep us on the list and they did call back and offer it for an additional 5K right before sailing. We declined that too.

You must have gotten a really good deal on the ABs or your call wasn't much of a discount.

Figuring you got each AB for $2,500 pp, you're probably paying around $10K for the two ABs. Another 6K puts you right back at the current full price of $16K for 6 people. (It's $7549 pp for first two for the A1 on OP's cruise + $249 pp for the other four passengers.)

Not sure I would pay much at all for that move. The two AB's are great. Somebody would actually be stepping down a bit in the 2nd bedroom. The kids would be a step up.

Sure, the extra large Living Room would be great, along with Courtyard, but darn, the AB really is nice.

That doesn't sound like such a great deal! Hopefully they'll call you back with something better.

You must have gotten a really good deal on the ABs or your call wasn't much of a discount.

Figuring you got each AB for $2,500 pp, you're probably paying around $10K for the two ABs. Another 6K puts you right back at the current full price of $16K for 6 people. (It's $7549 pp for first two for the A1 on OP's cruise + $249 pp for the other four passengers.)

I think they got both AB's via upsells, so that might explain it.

(It's $7549 pp for first two for the A1 on OP's cruise + $249 pp for the other four passengers.)

They are obviously trying to sell it. Since your post, the A1 has gone down roughly $1000/pp and is currently showing $6499/pp on the 1st two pax.

Going, going, gone? :D

Wow, sorry you weren't able to benefit from from the call, Kevin!

How did they offer the upsell? Total or per couple or per person?

Auntie,

The offer was total for us all. We had insurance so that had to be increased also. Just too much at this time. :(

We did get a good deal on the AB's. For the 4 of us.... around $3700 after all is said and done. For my sister in law and her husband #3300. So like someone else posted, its the price of another cruise. But it was apprecitated. ;)

But, you are still going to have a marvelous time in those AB's!!!!:)

Yes, absolutely.... Actually, I know some may disagree but I think the AB's will actually be better for us. For one the bathroom in the AB looks incredable. There is one great bathroom in the A1 but it is off only from the master bedroom. The other bathrooms are nice but not as nice as the AB's. So, who gets the master bedroom and the great bathroom... know what I mean??? Plus I know the private court room looks really reallly nice, and I would love to see it but I personally like to be by the main pool where everyone else is. I like the party atmosphere. Being by the pool band, making conversations at the bar, talking with all the waiters, and so on. So I really do not think I would use the private deck that much at all.

Plus there is the privacy thing also, for each adult couple. ;)

I am counting my blessing with the AB Penthouse and looking forward to having an awesome cruise and meeting some fabulous people.

Either and AB, A1, Mini Suite, Balcony, inside or outside view, thats what it is really all about !!! Everything else is Gravy !! :)

i need to thank you for this thread. I read it while eating lunch, decided to check the prices for my sailing (the following week), contacted my ta, and now we'll be sailing in an aa instead of an a4. I am beyond excited.

way to go !!! Congrats !!

Thanks for coming back to advise. In your initial post about your upsell offers, you listed that you were offered the Garden Villa for $2140 additional...obviously that was a courtyard villa. I knew that pricing was off as you would have paid less than $6K for a GV...methinks impossible.

This pricing seems more in line with a GV if not still a nice discount at $13K for a week. Enjoy the AB, although it will be a great trip with memories to last a lifetime.

Thanks for coming back to advise. In your initial post about your upsell offers, you listed that you were offered the Garden Villa for $2140 additional...obviously that was a courtyard villa. I knew that pricing was off as you would have paid less than $6K for a GV...methinks impossible.

This pricing seems more in line with a GV if not still a nice discount at $13K for a week. Enjoy the AB, although it will be a great trip with memories to last a lifetime.

When I was made the initial offer between the penthouse, I am pretty sure they said garden villa...which is different then the A1 cataogory. Unless I am getting every unit on the 14 th deck of the jewel mixed up in names. I know the initial offer was NOT for the big A1. I think it is the same looking type of cabin as the Penthouse but only on Deck 14 which comes with Deck 14 perks.

If that at all makes sense. :confused:

When I was made the initial offer between the penthouse, I am pretty sure they said garden villa...which is different then the A1 cataogory. Unless I am getting every unit on the 14 th deck of the jewel mixed up in names. I know the initial offer was NOT for the big A1. I think it is the same looking type of cabin as the Penthouse but only on Deck 14 which comes with Deck 14 perks.

If that at all makes sense. :confused:

The Garden Villa IS the A1 category. There are very few of these rooms, which are the biggest and best of any cruiseline in the world...although Oceania's new ship has some Owner's Suites that look mighty tempting...but still MUCH smaller.

The rest are Courtyard Villas...while both luxurious, nothing alike.

The Garden Villa IS the A1 category. There are very few of these rooms, which are the biggest and best of any cruiseline in the world...although Oceania's new ship has some Owner's Suites that look mighty tempting...but still MUCH smaller.

The rest are Courtyard Villas...while both luxurious, nothing alike.

Then my mistake, it was the Courtyard Villa on the first initial offer.:cool:

Archived