waterproof containers.

grandmacruise

I've heard talk of some sort of waterproof item to keep your money/passport when at the beach. What do these things look like?

I was to Walmart and I found a waterproof, plastic case in the sporting dept. It was about 7"x5"x2" and didn't look like anything you could put around your neck.

Do I need to keep looking? Trouble is, I'm not sure what I'm looking for.... help please! :confused:

1011091908_big.jpgThis is like the one that I have. purchased at a company Called Colorado Bag and Bagage. This one is by

Baumgartens Waterproof ID Case

The cost is pretty cheap. I use mine all of the time when on shore, can slip the case down the front of my shirt. Keeps my credit card, driver's license and sail and sign card and a few folded up bills. Have been using this for years.

We found ours, which are smaller than the one pictured above at a local snorkelling store. (We're in No Ill, and I didn't realize how many stores there are in the area) They're just the right size for our S & S cards, some cash, DL and a credit card. They're on a thin lanyard and fit unnoticed under clothing.

I really like the Aquapac products. You can buy them at www.aquapac.net or on Amazon. They come in all shapes and sizes. The one I have is the *keymaster*. It's not big enough to hold a passport, but fits money and multiple credit cards. I've taken mine on eight cruises and it's worked perfectly - no leaks whatsoever.

We used a hard case one like the one above on our last cruise and it came open in the pool and everything got lost at the bottom of the pool (including jewelry we had just purchased). Fortunately there were nice people nearby with goggles. I think we will try a zipper kind next time.

I would reccommend the type pictured above. I worked in a scuba shop and sold a ton of these, and only heard good things. I've taken them snorkeling before, work like a charm.

Ziplock style is more likely to fail. with the type shown above, just make sure nothing is between the black rubber "o-ring" and the plastic top, or water can leak in.

I'd also suggest getting the kind with the D-ring clip. Just my personal preference, but I feel like it would be easier to fall off or get stolen with a lanyard.

Archived