Comments on beach excursions

knox72

We just booked a last minute cruise for May 2nd on the Legend. I have several questions about excursions, but the first one is - what is the latest I can make reservations?

We are just looking for some nice beach outings where our 2 and 3 year olds can swim and play in the sand, no snorkeling, dolphin encounters, etc necessary. Also ones that wouldn't be too much hassle to return to the ship early if necessary for a nap. With that being said, what can you tell me about the following:

Roatan- Mahogany Bay or Tabyana

Grand Caymen- Seven Mile Beach or Royal Palms Beach

Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach or Chankanaab Park

Belize-- ??

**Note- I realize I may have some of these mixed up, so please feel free to set me straight! :)

Is it necessary to book these through the cruise line? Are there any that would be better to take a cab instead of going through the cruise line? Do I need to pay full price for the 2 and 3-year-olds? Thank you for all your help! Truly appreciated.

Roatan- Do Mohogany bay- free and very short walk. nice private beach

Grand Cayman- Chaukanaaub park is in Cozumel

Belize- I did the Cave tubing, don't know about the beaches

Cozumel- Playa mia would be wonderful for kids. I loved it

Oh, and Mahogony Bay has plenty of shade on the beach, very nice if you have small kids

Grand Cayman- Seven Mile Beach is beautiful. I drove by there

I would recommend booking excursions in these places once you are there (except Playa Mia in Coz) Much cheaper. No need to book an excursion in Roatan. The ship docks at Mahogany Bay.

At Chankanaab you can take a $10 cab each way (for all of you) and don't need to book through the ship. We considered paradise beach too, which might be cheaper for you as you just pay for food there.

Grand Cayman you can easily grab a cab for I think $6 pp each way at the pier and rent chairs at the beach if you want. Royal Palms is part of 7 mile beach the other popular spot is Sea grapes. One has a playground you might want to ask the driver.

Belize- I would think you would want to book via the cruiselines, but haven't done that one.

We just booked a last minute cruise for May 2nd on the Legend. I have several questions about excursions, but the first one is - what is the latest I can make reservations?

We are just looking for some nice beach outings where our 2 and 3 year olds can swim and play in the sand, no snorkeling, dolphin encounters, etc necessary. Also ones that wouldn't be too much hassle to return to the ship early if necessary for a nap. With that being said, what can you tell me about the following:

Roatan- Mahogany Bay or Tabyana

Grand Caymen- Seven Mile Beach or Royal Palms Beach

Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach or Chankanaab Park

Belize-- ??

**Note- I realize I may have some of these mixed up, so please feel free to set me straight! :)

Is it necessary to book these through the cruise line? Are there any that would be better to take a cab instead of going through the cruise line? Do I need to pay full price for the 2 and 3-year-olds? Thank you for all your help! Truly appreciated.

Definitely take a cab, especially if you want to return to the ship at your connivance. If you are on a tour, you are stuck until the tour decides to leave. Cabs are lined up everywhere.

One of many examples: Island tours of Grand Caymans was $ 45.00 per person through the ships excursion desk. When you stepped off the tender the mini tour busses were lined up along Harbour Street with numbers on the windshields so those that purchased ship tours could get on the correct bus.

Since there were only two other ships in port that day, the busses were very empty, and all the drivers had signs offering the same tour for $10.00 per person.

I was just reading about NACHI COCCUM and it sounds wonderful. Can anyone weigh in on this vs. Playa Mia Beach or Chankanaab Park? The review I was reading talked about $30 massages under grass huts, sounds heavenly!

Again, we'll have two toddlers with us so a kid-friendly beach with easy transportation is our first priority. Thank you again.

We just got back from Destiny yesterday and we went to Paradis Beach in Cozumel, had a great time, $13 cab ride (for 4) $12 bracelet to use all the fun water toys , kayaks, etc. Was good service, food was good.

I was just reading about NACHI COCCUM and it sounds wonderful. Can anyone weigh in on this vs. Playa Mia Beach or Chankanaab Park? The review I was reading talked about $30 massages under grass huts, sounds heavenly!

Again, we'll have two toddlers with us so a kid-friendly beach with easy transportation is our first priority. Thank you again.

NC is an all inclusive. Adults are $49 each for a 3 course meal and all you can drink. Children are $29 (but I believe ~not positive~ there may be a break for under 2) Taxi is extra....snorkeling etc is extra.

I have never been there...but all the posts I read are positive for adults who want an IA....they do have a pool .... not sure what there is for little ones...but then (at a young age)...I think only CP will have a small playground or something close to it.

If you go with CP...they used to have a discount coupon on their website for $2 off...

We did the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe in Cozumel (includes buffet, drinks, and transportation) with our 2 1/2 year old daughter. It was a 5 hour excursion and we wound up taking a cab back to the ship early because our daughter was tired. You can book the beach break (covers admission to the beach) without the "deluxe" part and take a cab there. It was a good beach and our daughter had a blast. She fell asleep almost instantly in the cab!

Archived