Scooters in kings wharf

djcracker

Where can you rent scooters in kings wharf? Where can you get road maps?

What are the best routes?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

------------------------------

6/19/2005---Grandeur Of The Seas-Bermuda:cool:

http://www.oleandercycles.bm/

Be careful, I have seen many people crash while on vacation. You can also get a map right at the visitor center located right at the pier.

Is it dangerous there. Ive ridden mopeds dirt bikes and atv. What do you have to watch for

The roads are narrow and have many twists and turns. Road signs are small compared to the states. They drive on the left side of the road and many traffic circles. The buses will run right up the back of your scooter without thinking twice. I always thought taxis were wild until I saw the buses in Bermuda.

If you buy a bus and ferry pass, you can get anywhere on the island you want to go and in one piece.

Where can you rent scooters in kings wharf? Where can you get road maps?

What are the best routes?

Since Bermuda is generally no wider than 1 mile you will discover that there are very few main routes. Many parts of Bermuda only have one main road, closer to Hamilton it can branch out to three, making it easy to explore them all if you'd like. In my opinion South Shore Road is the nicest way to get from Dockyard (Kings Wharf) to the Causeway.

consider picking the scooter up at Kings Wharf and dropping it in Hamilton to take the ferry back to Kings Wharf. That way you have two types of experience and the return might be faster than driving back again.

Oleander does have both locations and offers this option.

Archived