Spring Break, Carnival Inspiration April 5-10

melraemic

Hi, all!! The fiance and I had a great time on our spring break cruise-Inspiration from Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The service was fabulous and I was never without a drink! :) Fiance loved the 24 hour pizza and probably ate it 2-3 times a day. Our room steward, Tunikan (I think thats how it is spelled), was wonderful. Within 20 minutes of leaving our room for dinner, it was clean with towel animal and all! He noticed we had been trying to keep a bottle of wine chilled in an ice bucket, so the 2nd night he left us a larger plastic bucket full of ice. My fiance also loved the towel animals, so much that he bought the book on how to make them! :) (remember he was a first time cruiser)

Our ports of call were very nice. I had never been to Grand Cayman before, and enjoyed it. I liked the feel of the whole island and everyone was friendly. I didn't expect the prices of everything, though. Lunch at Margaritaville (with 3 drinks and a plate of shared nachos) was $94.00!!! Oh well, we were on vacation!! No excursions here, just walked around to shop and explore. We did get some Tortuga rum to bring home that was delicious.

In Cozumel, we decided to do a shore snorkeling excursion. We were taken by taxi to Sunset Beach, given a locker and snorkel gear. Our guide, Mano, was great! It was a very nice snorkel site, lots of fish to look at. Afterwards, we had fresh salsa and guacamole at the beach bar. Also had the best margarita of the whole trip!! After snorkeling we headed back to the ship to change, then spent the rest of our day shopping and hanging out at Three Amigos or Fat Tuesdays.

Days at Sea were fun! For the first time, I enjoyed some of the activites like trivia, Newlywed gameshow, etc. I usually just relax by the pool. It was nice to do something different.

Overall, we had a great trip and we are looking very forward to our wedding aboard the same ship!! :) I added a few pictures, but not sure if I did it right!

DSCF0867.jpg.f353b050f1eee33a146a8e41bae181a9.jpg

DSCF0888.jpg.e2b4d1d6c4f6ea0cd17ee6b658650050.jpg

DSCF0937.jpg.e226141f22dd75aa98243fe6d0d370d3.jpg

I enjoyed your review. We'll be on the Inspiration at the end of June. Hearing about your fiance's pizza craze reminds me of my husband, only with the soft serve ice cream. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was going on another cruise just for the ice cream:p

I'm glad to hear you had a great time and loved your review. This is our 1st time on the Inspiration and I love hearing good reviews. We are so excited!:)

My first cruise was on the Inspiration, spring break week 2004. It is the ship that got me hooked on cruising. Glad to hear that you both had a great time on the beautiful Carnival Inspiration!

My first cruise was also on the Inspiration...but back in 2000 when it was considered a "newer" ship. It's funny for us, it took us until our 3rd cruise to become hooked, but boy am I ever hooked now! All I do is dream about cruising.

What?! No swimming with the sting rays in GC? ok, maybe on your honeymoon, you must go beyond the local bars to explore the island!;)

WE love the Inspiration and looking forward to out next trip. Glad you had a nice time!

• 2 weeks later...

Overall, we had a great trip and we are looking very forward to our wedding aboard the same ship!! :) I added a few pictures, but not sure if I did it right!

Time for the wedding review! Standing by....

Congrats on your pending nuptials! :)

I'm glad you had a great time. We were on the same cruise! Our head waiter warned us about Grand Cayman prices the night before, so we weren't too awfully shocked when we got there, and opted to have lunch on the ship instead.

Archived