August 24, 2010 Athens to Barcelona (Atlantis)

gregb21_00

• 2 months later...

Good to hear from you. There seems to be remarkably little posting about this cruise on these boards.

As a history and archeology fan, this is a dream itinerary, but they seem to have a lot of staterooms still available, though the very lowest class and the luxury classes are all sold out.

Maybe some gays are scared off by Israel ("all that religion and stuff"). They shouldn't be. Jerusalem is one of the most picturesque and fascinating cities in the world, whether you're an agnostic, atheist, Jew, Christian, or Muslim. I can't wait to go back there. For those not so much into history, there's cosmopolitan, gay-friendly Tel Aviv with its fabulous shopping and beaches.

I've been all over Italy, but never to Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I'll be making a beeline there when we dock in Naples.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the sticky on the proper titling on roll call threads, so I'm starting this one. Could we merge it with the one already started which is entitled: "Equinox (Atlantis gay cruise)?

Also, is it possible to delete one of my posts, when I wrote something dumb? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, anyone attending the Atlantis gay cruise onboard the Celebrity Equinox = Athens - Barcelona Aug24- Sept2 2010. Would love to hear from you.

Hey there. I was checking out other posts/strings about this cruise and saw your post about suits/formal wear on Equinox. I don't know if you got your answer, but on the Atlantis Cruises, there is no dress code. However, in the nicer restaurants which come with an additional cost, they do not allow shorts or tanks shirts. You can always wear a suit or tuxedo, but it's not required on the Atlantis cruise.

Hope that helps.

Ric, Vancouver, WA

We just booked yesterday and are really excited. The Atlantis alumni 5-level upgrade was too good to pass up! I hope the ship fills up soon. Now we are just trying to find decently priced airfare.

• 2 months later...

Archived