Naples Tour Operators. Which one?

Kimmer17

So after reading all the great private excursions you veterns are all going on. I've decided to bite the bullet and organize a private tour for the Naples Port on my upcoming Med Cruise. I've contacted 3 operators and was wondering if anyone had any input on any of them.

Amalfi Coast Destinations

Rome In Limo

AP Tours

We want to drive the Amalfi coast with stops in Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and ending in Sorrento with a Ferry ride back to Naples.

I've read great things about Rome In Limo, but I have to say the other companies email responses were far more personal and interesting.

75 days and counting!!!!!! :D

We used APTours and without going into all the detail (done it already) we had a perfect day. Our driver was on time, impeccably dressed (and handsome ;)). Our van was almost brand new and spotless. He kept us on schedule without making us feel like we were on one. Worth every penny. Speaking of pennies, I think they recently lowered their prices - perhaps one of the best priced out there.

PS: Never heard of Amalfi Coast Destinations. Have you done a search on here for them?

We used Drive Amalfi with Salvatore and he was great. Beautiful drive, along the coast, excellent lunch at a tiny place high on a hill in Ravello, then to Pompeii with our own guide. back to the ship in plenty of time. We've also used, and are using again this fall, Rome in Limo for Florence. They provided us with one of the best days on our cruise and surely would do as well from Naples. You won't go wrong with either one.

I have to give you my vote for Rome in Limo! We have used them numerous times and they have always gone above and beyond anything we could have expected. The drivers are very professional yet friendly and fun, we felt like we had made new friends when the day was done. We (8 of us) ate in a local restaurant with the best pizza and wine (they had full menu, but most of us had the pizza) in Positano.

Hands down they are our choice; Duman, the owner is the best. We are booked again for 5 tours with them in October before a Med cruise. They will plan whatever you would like.

Good luck. :)

based on Texancruzer's recommendation (and perhaps others as well), we used AP tours in October and were very happy them. Good price and great service. Ask for Alberto as a driver

Glad to hear they are still giving a great experience. It's always so much more fun when everything goes so smoothly and as planned !

Just to confuzzle you, if you dont have any luck with AP, we had a fantastic trip with seesorrento in 2009 and are booked to return with Marcello in Sept 2010. He is unique! Do agree with other posters that whom ever you chose, this is one of the most beautiful areas you will ever see.

We used APTours and without going into all the detail (done it already) we had a perfect day. Our driver was on time, impeccably dressed (and handsome ;)). Our van was almost brand new and spotless. He kept us on schedule without making us feel like we were on one. Worth every penny. Speaking of pennies, I think they recently lowered their prices - perhaps one of the best priced out there.

PS: Never heard of Amalfi Coast Destinations. Have you done a search on here for them?

Can you tell me what are the things you did when you used them in Naples. Has anyone also used them for Rome?

Can you tell me what are the things you did when you used them in Naples. Has anyone also used them for Rome?

Sure can. But bear in mind we were there very end of November. No crowds and no traffic so APTours agreed we could "do" alot more than if you are there in high season (summer months) Tell them what you want to do and they will know if it is possible to do. Trust them - they know their business :)

We got off the ship early and met our driver very easily. We went straight to Pompeii where our private guide (prebooked with APTours) was waiting for us. This was pretty much when it opened so not alot of people. 2.5 hours in Pompeii with guide. Then to Ravello for @ 45 minutes, Amalfi was next for 1.5 hours. We did lunch on our own instead of a big sit down meal (which eats up alot of time you could be sightseeing). Note: There were 4 couples from our roll call sharing this tour but we did not stay together anywhere but in Pompeii. We each did our own thing meeting back at the van when told to. We stopped at a wonderful ceramics store (they are GORGEOUS there) across from the Emerald Grotto which was closed for the season for a bathroom break. And to make our pockets lighter too ;) Then to Positano for about 1 hour. Loved Positano. Finally to Sorrento but only drove straight thru to the ferry landing. Our driver purchased our ferry tickets and we took it back to Naples instead of driving back.

Awesome Awesome Day - one of my favorites.

Archived