Stingray City Diving

JBM

My wife and I will be going to Grand Cayman in May. We are staying on the east end. I am a certified diver but my last dive was five years ago so I will need a refresher course. I am only interested in doing a dive at Stingray City. Are there any dive operators that offer this as the only dive? My wife is a non-diver--would she be able to go on the same boat?

Thanks for any help.

The dive ops who are based on the East End are Ocean Frontiers and Red Sail/Tortuga. Each has SRC dive site trips.

Tortuga SRC 1 tank dive leaving from Rum Point/CaymanKai: http://www.tortugadivers.com/modules/resqwest/display_activity_details/1405

Trips will also leave from Morritt's, but depends on group.

Ocean Frontriers has a Friday afternoon SRC trip: http://www.oceanfrontiers.com/scuba-diving/dive-schedule.html

Keep in mind that if you haven't been diving in 5 years, any dive shop will require you to take a refresher and they can offer one, but you may need to book in advance depending upon the week you are there.

Also, the stingray city dive is very shallow - only about 12-15 feet. Red Sail offers a dive/snorkel trip there. The divers are down and the snorkelers are on the surface. After playing with the stingrays, they take everyone on a swim near the reef to see other stuff.

Both Red Sail and Ocean Frontiers are excellent.

Archived