Dolphin Swim Cozumel

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are taking our first cruise (Freedom of the Seas) in a couple of weeks and we thinking of doing the dolphin swim offered by RCCL in Cozumel. Has anyone ever done this? Any comments or suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

I did the Royal Swim a couple of years ago and it was awesome. It is a once in a lifetime adventure. With the Royal Swim, you have more interaction with the dolphins, I didn't book through the cruiseline, but booked directly through Dolphin Discovery and it was a little cheaper. Do it, you won't regret it.

Oh yes, go to Dolphin discovery - much cheaper..... I did my reservation online, you just get a cab right outside the port and tell them where you want to go, I believe it's like 10 minutes away..... Have fun, we've done it twice.... Oh, we didn't do the royal swim, but hear it's fun, we did the one underneath that one. Great experience. We did buy the pictures and video (only because we have kids)

Just back from our first cruise and did the dolphin encounter.

The swim looked like fun, use 2 dolphins and boosts you up and you glide across the water.

I did the dolphin encounter, standing on ledge. My draw back is that with the waves and my height and weight, had to hold on rail when mild wave hit. Was a laugh when had to reach out to hold dolphin head as 2 people beside me held life jacket and put my feet between their legs just to keep my in position, hahaha.

We did this two years ago and it was terrific! Yes book direct and save a bunch http://www.**********************cozumel/cozumel-deals.asp?gclid=CLb9xda_lqECFReU7Qod4DyPPA . The Royal swim is where you are actually in the water and do tricks with the dolphins. The pictures are a hard sell, and pricey, but were totally worth it for me as they were my "souvenir" from this stop. Also the encounter itself is located withing Chankanaab Park which is included free with a dolphin swim. It has a nice pool, a restaurant, and beautiful botanical gardens with tons of iguanas roaming around, as well as a nice little outdoor casual (hamburgers and such) restaurant. You can also snorkel there for something like $10. We stayed there all day on our trip and loved it.

DBF and I did this on our last cruise. It was fun, and Chakanueb *no idea how to spell it* was really nice. They had nice pools and a lake type thing that we sat by and got some sun after. I'm deathy afraid of fish and creatures in water, so standing in the water waiting for your turn on the dolphin was really really frightening for me because little fish were surrounding us! But the actual experience riding the dolphin was fun, and we bought the pictures and video.

As everyone stated already, this is fantastic. We also booked outside of RCCL (mostly since they were already fully booked). It was cheaper than the cruise line, but better yet, we had more time in the water with the dolphins than the cruise line passengers appeared to. This was the highlight (okay, a tie with swimming with the StingRays in Grand Caymen) of our trip. FYI - If you do decide to do it, they do have lockers and showers at the park so you will be able to change and lock up your belongings. They also video tape the whole thing and try to sell you the dvd (for like $50 :eek:).

Enjoy

Erika

Archived