Question about ice skating on the NOS

Teneene

I know there is rock climbing, ice skating, and in-line skating on the Voyager class ships. My question is do you have to bring your own skates for these or do they have rentals available? I'm thinking of trying the ice skating rink, but don't own ice skates. It would be great if I can get my mother out there with me! (long shot at best)

Not sure how old your mother is (and don't tell me!) I plan to be out there with my kids - we will have our own skates with us. I actually planned to bring a sports bag, we all own our own inlines and ice skates.

I would rather not bring the kids helmets so I am hoping they rent them? If anyone knows, let me know

Regarding helmets and rough days! My boys (who get crazy on ice) would love the challenge on a rough rocky day! They are both great skaters and if they are showboating they have been know to crash a time or 2 into the boards!

I am just learning how to skate on Hockey skates! I am lost without a PICK! All you amateur figure skaters know what I am talking about!

I can't wait to get on the ice! I haven't even told the boys about the rink yet or the inline skating! They will torture me! Do you know if they will sharpen skates on the ship? I assume they can since they do shows! Also, does anyone know how many hours a day they let you skate? Can you skate daily?

Applied for passports today - we sail in 15 weeks hopefully they will be here!

No, you can't skate every day. IRC, it was only on sea days, and even then very limited hours. And I don't remember seeing anything about them being able to sharpen skates, but then, for us, I wouldn't necessarily trust someone on the ship to sharpen my daughters blades.

I can't imagine RCCL expects that people are going to want to spend 2-3 hours a day skating. It is a vacation. Also the room is used for other activities...

I don't know for sure how long each public session is, but maybe if you go to each one... you might get that much skating in on sea days.

Archived