Final Payment for NCL Cruise

DCParky

I booked a summertime cruise on the Norwegian Gem... I was charged a deposit for the cruise with final payment due on 5/10. Can you tell me if NCL automatically charges me for the remaining balance, or do I need to be proactive and make the final payment? Thanks!

Final pay for our June 16 Baltic Cruise was due a couple of weeks ago on 2 April. Our NCL cruise consultant called a couple of days prior to the final payment due date and asked if we wanted to go ahead and make our final pay. I wasn't quite ready to bite the proverbial bullet and told her not at that time. (I don't know if they always make that kind of preemptive contact or not.)

Anyway, I logged on to MY NCL account on 4/1 and made the final pay on line at that time. Less than a week later, our cruise documents and luggage tags appeared in the account.

Have a great cruise..................Joe

I booked a summertime cruise on the Norwegian Gem... I was charged a deposit for the cruise with final payment due on 5/10. Can you tell me if NCL automatically charges me for the remaining balance, or do I need to be proactive and make the final payment? Thanks!

Did you book directly with NCL? If you booked with a TA (Online or not) they may automatically charge your final payment to the same card used for the deposit. Many online TA's move the final payment date a week or so earlier than NCL's official final payment date. (But unless you do a pretend booking with NCL you may not know this.)

Don't wait for a call or email. Make sure you initiate your final payment.

My first NCL was last year, booking directly with my now-assigned NCL agent (he's taken very good care of us). They occassionally have promos with AMEX or other credit card companies with shipboard credits for using their card, which our agent prompted us for. So it wouldn't hurt to call NCL to see if they have promos (although the info should be available to your TA if they look).

We did B2B last year, having to book them separately, so, oh darn, we got the full promotional OBC from AMEX for both cruises....$700 total for the two of us. :D:D:D:D:D I've booked separate B2B again, just in case.

Don't wait for a call or email. Make sure you initiate your final payment.

My first NCL was last year, booking directly with my now-assigned NCL agent (he's taken very good care of us). They occassionally have promos with AMEX or other credit card companies with shipboard credits for using their card, which our agent prompted us for. So it wouldn't hurt to call NCL to see if they have promos (although the info should be available to your TA if they look).

We did B2B last year, having to book them separately, so, oh darn, we got the full promotional OBC from AMEX for both cruises....$700 total for the two of us. :D:D:D:D:D I've booked separate B2B again, just in case.

Hope you can keep the same cabin for both legs. Booking separately has the advantage of counting 2 cruises towards Latitudes status. But also check prices carefully as it's sometimes less to book B2B as one cruise....however, with your OBC you may make out better.:D

Sounds like you have a proactive TA. Have fun on your cruises!

Archived