cabin 9692 Explorer of the seas

i wondering if anybody has stayed in this cabin and if so how was the obstructed view i was told about. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I'm nervous about superstructure getting in the way of the ocean view i love. Thanks

We have been in all of the E1's aft on deck 9. You will not have a view directly down to the ocean but your outward view is just fine. Also the balcony is much deeper than the average balcony. The only draw back is that the folks on deck 10 can look directly into your balcony.

We have been in all of the E1's aft on deck 9. You will not have a view directly down to the ocean but your outward view is just fine. Also the balcony is much deeper than the average balcony. The only draw back is that the folks on deck 10 can look directly into your balcony.

And the walk.

Thanks for the info. You said that the cabin above us can look at our balcony . Is there any privacy at all or are we "on display" 100%. Im not sure if i would like the lack if privacy but am thrilled at the large balcony. im having a hard time visualizing the view. THanks again for responding.

The walk is no big deal for us. We would not consider it a draw back at all.

Meant to imply that my tongue was in my cheek. I agree, and I am looking forward to the walk to counteract the eating and drinking!

Thank you Puffinator for your picture and it did help me "see" what it would be like. Im hoping that it will work out for us. I'm going to give it try and hopefully the large balcony will outweigh the privacy issue. I'm thinking that they would have to be at their railing to see us and realistically how much time would someone be standing there. Thanks again for all your help and information.

Thank you Puffinator for your picture and it did help me "see" what it would be like. Im hoping that it will work out for us. I'm going to give it try and hopefully the large balcony will outweigh the privacy issue. I'm thinking that they would have to be at their railing to see us and realistically how much time would someone be standing there. Thanks again for all your help and information.

Depends on what they are looking at:eek::eek::eek:.

We really had no issues with it. Not any different than laying out at the pool.

MIcruiser99, thanks for the pics....you had an awesome view without much obstruction. Did the fact that the cabin above you could see your entire balcony hamper your vacation. We are very private people and love to be on the balcony. im hoping it isnt that much of an isssue and can we see the balcony below us?

When we were sitting on our loungers, there was a good amount of privacy. There is a small overhang but they also have to be standing at their railing looking down. If you were sitting on the loungers, they might be able to see your legs if the lounger was against the wall.

DH said that really there is less than 1/2 the balcony is private.

Archived