Airbrush vs Spray-on

Kali22

Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but most of the posts are a couple years old and just wanted to get an updated opinion. I'm trying to decide between airbrushing and spray-on tan (there is mystic and verspa close to me). I have read that both come off, but I can't seem to use a self tanner correctly, it always looks blotchy. So for those of you that have used either or both, what would you pick?

Also, I recently had a 2nd degree burn on my chest (yes, awesome right before the cruise), will the self tanners look different in that area? It is all healed, just a little darker than my own skin.

Thanks!

Hey there!

I don't do either but here in Vegas it's important to be tanned QUICKLY, especially for the young hospitality workers. I have lots of friends that have done both but all prefer the airbrush. They go every 3-4 weeks to have it done.

I notice that having it airbrushed stays longer than the mystic and it is a more natural bronzed color.

Hope that helps!

I tried the Mystic tan a few years ago and I thought it was okay. I didn't really see any color because I was 'too dark' already. I do use the new Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing moisturizer and love it! The color lasts 2X longer than the other brands and it doesn't turn out an orangey color either. I usually have my husband apply it for me so I don't get tan palms. lol I was using the Avon brand but they don't make it anymore, it was good but it turned my hubby's hands orange and of course the color came out a little fake looking. The Jergens however turns his hands tan, and the color on me is gorgeous. You honestly wouldn't guess I was using it. Don't know if that helps any, but you might want to give it a try before you spend $50 or more on a spray tan.

I have tried the Jergens... I'm not sure which one specifically but it left me with streaks and orange on the sides of my hands. I tend to either wash my hands too much or not enough. I also hated the smell.

I'll take a look at Oil of Olay. I just am weary about lotions bc I have sensitive skin and never know what was is going to give me a rash. :/

Archived