Mercury SV Cabins

GREG781

I am considering booking a SV cabin on the Mercury out of Baltimore in January. I just wanted to get some feedback on people who have had these rooms to see if they are worth the extra money. My wife and I love staring out at the wake and relaxing! The price is only $100 more then a regular balcony cabin. Any comments would be appreciated. This would be our 13th Celebrity cruise and 3rd on the Mercury.

The size of these cabins is fantastic. But there are a couple drawbacks. First, the bed is surrounded by 3 walls. The person in the back will have to climb over their loved one if they wake in the night to go to the bathroom or if they are customarily the first to wake in the morning.

The second, this applies to port days only. These cabins shake violently when the ship dock. At they reverse engines to stop it send vibrations through the aft end of the ship. It scared us the first day as it's usually around 5-6:00 am It lasts only 10-30 seconds. We went right back to sleep once we knew what it was.

With this cabin, you do have the bed area and a seperate living room with closable door.

Archived