Cocoa Beach boardwalk

melanie1877

Can anyone tell me if the Cocoa Beach pier / boardwalk is within walking distance of where the beach shuttle for the Pride drops you off at the Ron Jon shop? Must you walk along the beach, or are there sidewalks where I could push a stroller? We are planning on spending the day at the beach, and would like to check out the boardwalk, and have lunch there. Can we leave our towels, umbrella, etc. (not valuables) on the beach and come back for more sun after we check out the boardwalk, or is it too far that we would want to pack up and then go back to the ship after the boardwalk? Thanks in advance!!

You are very welcome, I do hope you enjoy your visit here.

By the way, there are small side streets that run parallel with the ocean, as well as a park along the way -- enjoy the day. It's a nice area to spend time in. We enjoy sitting on the pier and sipping something frosty and watching the sufers ;)

We spent a month at Cocoa Beach last summer.I really don't remember any "boardwalk".It is a little walk from Ron Jons so be prepared for that.The pier is not as nice as some I have been on but it does have a couple of places to eat.The beach right by the pier is very busy but yes you can leave your nonvaluables there.

Thanks for the replies. We are "beach people", so looking forward to spending a long day there. Good to here there is a park nearby, would be nice to break up the day for my 3yo. It was a toss up for us between Disney, and the beach for Port Canaveral, but we decided to wait on Disney, because Daddy wants to be there for junior's first trip to the Magic Kingdom!:)

I don't know where the shuttle drops you off but there isn't a boardwalk. There are two piers. One at Jetty Park near the Ron Jon hotel and one in town near the Ron Jon shop near the Cocoa Beach pier. The Cocoa Beach Pier is not worth a trip. There is NOTHING really there except a bar and a dinky shop. It's kind of trashy but a great place for cheap food on Friday night! It's not like the east coast. The Jetty Pier is just a place to stand and fish from. I don't know where you want to go to push a stroller - I missed when you are in town (we spend about one weekend every month in town) - it is too hot in august for me! The Ron Jon shop is just a place to buy swim wear. Not worth a trip either.

Archived