day stay hotel in FLL after Miami cruise?

Weroff2rome

We are thinking of flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami for our Christmas cruise (departs from Miami but air is much cheaper for FLL) the problem is the early flight is a 11:15 and I am afraid we won't make that even with a pre booked transfer so we would go for the next flight which is not until 7:50pm. We certainly don't want to sit in the airport for an entire day so I was thinking of a day stay hotel but everyone I called wants full price and wont' let us in until 3 so that is a waste of money. Any hints?

Jungle Island is not far from the Miami port area, and that's an easy place to spend 3-6. If you catch a shuttle for a rental car and pick one up, drive back to Jungle Island, then you can drive to FLL and drop the car at the airport.

I don't really think this is a secret, but after our cruise we stayed at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel. We did stay overnight, but I found the room on hotwire and it was under $100. We used SAS which was $15 each to get there and then a cab to the airport the next day. You may be able to find a hotel on Priceline or Hotwire for a really good rate - you'd be paying for the night even though you wouldn't be staying over but it would give you free use of the hotel room and all amenities. At the Westin, we arrived around 11am (I emailed in advance to ask for an early check in which they said they couldn't guarantee but could put the request on our reservation) and we were able to check in right then and were in our room right away. They have a great pool and a walkway to the beach where they have beach chairs for their hotel guests. We thought it was a great hotel, but you may be able to find a good rate somewhere else as well. Usually, at most hotels, even if you can't check in until 3pm they'll keep your luggage etc so you can enjoy your day! Hope that helps!

Rent a car and sight-see, drive up A1A along the beach, stop if something looks interesting...

Or you could take the NCL airboat excursion thru the Everglades which will eventually end up dropping you off at FLL. NCL will take care of getting your luggage to the airport. Off the top of my head, I think it's $40 or $45 PP.

Rent a car and sight-see, drive up A1A along the beach, stop if something looks interesting...

Or you could take the NCL airboat excursion thru the Everglades which will eventually end up dropping you off at FLL. NCL will take care of getting your luggage to the airport. Off the top of my head, I think it's $40 or $45 PP.

I just checked the NCL website and the excursion is $59.00 pp. Hope this helps.:)

Bill

I'd take SAS to the airport and check my bags. Then off to the rental car pavillion!

I'd drive up US 1 north to Commercial Drive, then head to the beach. Lunch at Aruba at Commercial and the beach. They have valet parking. Walk on the pier, hang out at the beach, or drive up and down A1A and checking things out.

Or, rent the car and drive out to Sawgrass Mills for some bargain shopping. Catch a movie? They have some great restaurants out there.

A round of golf?

Just an alternative.

Archived