"Roll Call" Emerald Princess Jan 7th 2011

land&seacruiser

• 5 months later...

land&sea, thanks, when you posted asking me about January, it reminded me to change my signature. We were originally on the Sapphire Princess for this coming January but had to change our plans. So, yes, it is for January 2011.

Sometimes we do our own excursions and sometimes not, depends on our moods. We will probably do St. Johns with Princess on this trip, I've been but DJ hasn't yet. I'll let him decide what if any excursions.

We are very excited, some friends from Texas booked this just this week.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, I'll help with any specific questions if anyone has them!

I see that there will be a 50th birthday !

In January 2009, I turned 50, and about a year in advance of that started talking to friends about going on my 'birthday' cruise...well, ended up with 65 people onboard! It was a hoot !

On the night of my birthday, I hosted, at the Grill, a birthday dinner for all 65 persons. During the dinner, my partner and the love of my life, got up and made a speech and in front of all 65 and the rest of the restaurant, presented me with a wedding ring ! Of course, I was blubbering like an idiot but the restaurant broke out into applause!

CruiseAholic, How lucky for you! I plan to make the birthday celebrations last all the year. Does Princess host FOD cocktails,for us all to meet up? Last time we crusied was on RCI and there was a notice on the message board on the ship about a meeting in one of the cocktail lounges. When we went it was just us and our friends! It was holiday time and there were lots of families on board so perhaps not many gay cruisers. We still had plenty fun though.

OK, questions! We love beaches; what islands are best for an ideal beach day; palm trees, whitest sand ever and clean torquise waters and sun loungers, oh and include a cute waiter to serve cocktails.....just a "simple" request really!!!

Princess almost always hosts FOD (or may call them GLBT), keep an eye out on the Princess Patter.

Would be fun to see if we could arrange our own, I'll on seeing what we can arrange before we leave.

Beaches, well St. John (excursion from St. Thomas has some lovely pristine beaches) as does St. Kitts if I remember correctly.

I'm farily certain we'll do an excursion to St. John, we're skipping that one in November when we go but opting for Orient Beach in St. Maarten, DJ wants to get naked again !

• 1 month later...

Hi CruiseAholic and all

Thought I would just get this thread active again to bring it to the top of the list and see if any more people oput there will be crusing wiht us in Jan?

Looking forward to nice beaches. St Kitts had bad press last week with the tour bus of crusiers held at gunpoint. Makes me a little nervous. Anyone been on beaches there that you consider safe ( not remote), and good?

We just got back from the Ruby Princess, never heard a thing about tourists held at gun point!

We did the Orient Beach / Lunch tour with Princess in St. Maarten.

Considering a beach get away in Barbados and maybe over to St. John Trunk Bay from St. Thomas, haven't decided yet.

Anyone want to be in direct touch, please email CruiseAholic@hotmail.com please put From Cruise Critic in the subject.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

• 11 months later...

I am so glad I discovered this roll call! My wife and I are cruising on the emerald Princess /1/7/11!! Yeah! The absolute best times we have had on cruises have been with the great "friends of Dorothy", LOL we have met on board the different ships.

We are Trish and Carol from Columbus, Ohio,both event planners, in our mid 40's and 50's and parents of 3 Rat terriers and one human daughter. Our third cruise, we have met and maintained some great relationships with our past cruise freinds (we all met in Key West last April) and look forward to meeting you all, as well. Any room in private excursions you may have arranged. I am just now researching excursion options so if you want to join in or need 2 additional in your group, let me know. Cheers, C & T

cchivington@made-from-scratch.com

Archived