What is at San Juan pier?

Keryel

Which pier? Pan Am or the one in Old San Juan. The pier in OSJ is the one ships use for day stops and Carnival uses for the Carnival Victory. The Pan Am pier is where the other cruise lines depart from.

There is lots to do near the one in Old San Juan but no beach close by. Not sure what is close to the Pan Am pier.

What can be accessed by foot from the San Juan pier? We're specifically interested in shopping or a beach but are open to other suggestions. Thanks!

Sounds like you'll be in port for the day, if so, then it is Old San Juan piers. Check out http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/ for all the things to do. (Click on cruise ship visitors.) There is both shopping and beaches as well as visiting the forts and just strolling around Old San Juan enjoying the atmosphere.

We are doing the Explorer of the Seas in Feb 2011 and our first stop is SJ. The times in port say 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm. I am afraid we won't be able to do much because we are getting in so late. What would you suggest? Will it get dark quickly that time of year?

We are in the 'same boat' (no pun intended) as Mouse - we arrive at 1pm and leave at 8pm. Would be nice to enjoy some beach, then a lively place for dinner with 'local flavours'. Anyone have suggestions?

We'll be there in early January 2011 (yipee).:D

We are doing the Explorer of the Seas in Feb 2011 and our first stop is SJ. The times in port say 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm. I am afraid we won't be able to do much because we are getting in so late. What would you suggest? Will it get dark quickly that time of year?

You have time to do the BioBay tour. I would contact a company that provides transportation and go! I assume you will be in port 2/21/11? The moon will be good for the 1st tour (you must get on the first tour of the night to make it back in time).

Archived