Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

Not booked yet, but the email to Johna was just sent so hope to be booked tomorrow :D Can't wait see all the original Waiters that can make it, the Freedom Rockers that we missed meeting and all new and "old" Rockin' Miracle Waiters....WOO HOO

Phyllis (& Dean)

Not booked yet, but the email to Johna was just sent so hope to be booked tomorrow :D Can't wait see all the original Waiters that can make it, the Freedom Rockers that we missed meeting and all new and "old" Rockin' Miracle Waiters....WOO HOO

Phyllis (& Dean)

Sorry I couldn't help but ask. Are you a fan of MASH? Or at least Frank Burns? Just going by your user name, it made me think of Frank Burns on MASH.:D

We are waiting here as well...hopefully we will be booked tomorrow...but I think we are a little toward the back of the line from the sounds of it! :p

Thanks for posting the t-shirt pic Susan! Brings back such great memories...

Happy birthday to all those that posted the dates!

Hello to all the new posters and welcome aboard! This is going to be a blast!

And in the words of MikenKim...

"Let the party begin!!!!"

Hi everyone, question for you...

when you responded to Johnan, did you send your cc information (visa/mc) through in email? or did you have her call you? I'd like to book, but leery about sending that through an email.

Thanks,

Tracey

when you responded to Johnan, did you send your cc information (visa/mc) through in email? or did you have her call you? I'd like to book, but leery about sending that through an email.

Thanks,

Tracey

I've had her call me on the past groups I've booked. No way will I send cc info by email! (I work in a bank so I'm really careful with that kind of stuff and email is not secure.)

I'm so excited but probably won't be able to get booked tomorrow. Headed for Baltimore on Saturday and sailing the Pride on Sunday :D so hopefully you guys haven't sold out by then! :eek:

Thanks,

Tracey

I sent her all the info except the CC info. Asked her to call me when she could to get it. Worked great.

Elaine

Just a quick question for any seasoned cruisers, received room prices, next we'll put down a deposit, but about when do we pay the final payment? I booked this year in Jan for May sailing and paid dep. in March. Would it still be that far away for a group booked cruise?

Thanks guys,

Lisa

Copied from an email from Sheila - The second deposit of $275 per person is due on August 1, 2011 for those who book at the reduced deposit. The final payment for the group is due October 15, 2011.

Thanks Janeylynn.

Hey Kathi I will finally get to meet you.

One of these days! LOL Love your sideways pic on cruise fellows. :D

I doubt she will be the one since I hope she will have another grandchild for me but who knows!

Does she know about this??? ;)

Do we need to wait until we hear back from Johna to friend request on facebook?

I can't wait til we get our forum link....I am missing too many posts!! I still have a few posts I have to go back and respond to...don't think I missed the football posts! :rolleyes:;)

To bed for me....see ya'll tomorrow. :)

Hey Kathi,

She is considering, the little guy is getting older but oh so spoiled. But of course, his Nana didn't do it! He is in the real clingy stage, but I told her he needs a sibling to share Mommy with. So, if she did the little one would be too young to go on a cruise.....

I can't wait til we get our forum link....I am missing too many posts!! I still have a few posts I have to go back and respond to...don't think I missed the football posts! :rolleyes:;)

To bed for me....see ya'll tomorrow. :)

i played for the GATORS, so i, well let me clarify, i played for the portland gators in third grade, so......:D

seriously though sheila, i am very glad, as are some of my friends on here, that you started this group cruise. as we were all on our last cruise together in february, we were already planning on going on this cruise in 2012 in february, but then the january dates actually worked out better. so thank you.;)

Happy Friday Waiters! :D

Tim and I should be booked today...just need to give Johna the CC info...like many of you I am not comfortable sending my CC info via e-mail so I will give her a call this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Guess I have to break up this little Florida football party. Our little family lived in Texas before moving here to MN and we're Longhorn fans. Too bad I can't figure out how to do the longhorn hand thing here.

GO HORNS

Grace and Chris plus 3 kids

DH asked me last night what is the benefit of booking through the group as opposed to Carnival directly and other then the reduced dept, which we aren't going to use as we are picking a assigned cabin and the OBC what are the other benefits of booking with the group.

Thanks

Good Morning everyone.

I can only speak for myself (and of course Richard):rolleyes: Kim, but we book with the group just because it is "our group". I know you are asking about tangible benefits and I am sure someone will list them for you, but for us it doesn't matter about any of that. We just love being a part of this group of people. If anything else works out for us that is just a bonus.

O.K. time for a group hug (( all waiters )) sappy sigh. ;) LOL

Elaine

BOOKED

Sheila & Walter (SheilaS)

Terry & Carl ( Falcons07) 7111

Elaine & Richard (Soazlaney) Dana, Rod & Curtis

Annette & Elmer (Anamanxs)

Bill & Jill ( Javacruiser & Boxermama)

Bill & Joanne ( Billfish )

Doug (DougD) & Carol (CD1273

COPY & PASTE.....ADD YOUR NAMES

Well, I too have sent my email. I am now in the group of Waiters ( Miracle Waiters that is).

By the way Joan, Happy Belated Birthday. :)

Thanks,

well I missed Johna's call so I called this AM and waiting again that is what I get going out for Dinner;),

will let you you all know when I am booked , I will send a" YIPPEE"

Sheila Thank You for all your hard work

Joan:)

DH asked me last night what is the benefit of booking through the group as opposed to Carnival directly and other then the reduced dept, which we aren't going to use as we are picking a assigned cabin and the OBC what are the other benefits of booking with the group.

Thanks

There is not a major monetary benefit..... The rates are slightly "less" than booking early saver with Carnival direct when you factor in the $75 OBC. If you compare the rates with the regular Carnival rates, the group rates are much better. If something happens and you can't go, booking with the group does have a $50 cancellation fee but DOES NOT have the early saver rate rules & penalties. I personally would book with the group even if there was no benefit at all but then I have been on 2 cruises already with this group. Sometimes Sheila is able to come up with some surprises from Cruise Critic or Carnival (lanyards, pins, etc) and being an official part of the group seems to carry some weight on the ship when it comes to the staff. I swear the CC lanyard I wore at the gambling tables contributed to my winning.... probably my imagination but the dealers always commented "Your with the CC group" & by the time I walked away I was a winner every time:rolleyes:. Not so lucky at the slot machines though.

So anyway, to answer your question, you won't see a "major monetary" benefit upfront but there is certainly not a disadvantage.

Bill

Good Morning All, Yea it is Friday and it is almost Memorial Day weekend. I had to stop at an intersection last night and the "Ride for the Wall" went by. It was so impressive to see all those drivers go by on their bikes on their way to the wall to honor all our American Soldiers. It made by heart feel special just to see them and I hope it is OK to take a moment to THANK all our soldier and remember the ones that we have lost on our thread here.

flageag8.gif

I just spoke to Johna, we are booked, I think she is calling Debbie next, but she sais she is going to try to get to everyone before she leaves tonight.

Marty

BOOKED

Sheila & Walter (SheilaS)

Terry & Carl ( Falcons07) 7111

Elaine & Richard (Soazlaney) Dana, Rod & Curtis

Annette & Elmer (Anamanxs)

Bill & Jill ( Javacruiser & Boxermama)

Bill & Joanne ( Billfish )

Doug (DougD) & Carol (CD1273

Marty (Zipster16) and Sharon

COPY & PASTE.....ADD YOUR NAMES

Good Morning All, Yea it is Friday and it is almost Memorial Day weekend. I had to stop at an intersection last night and the "Ride for the Wall" went by. It was so impressive to see all those drivers go by on their bikes on their way to the wall to honor all our American Soldiers. It made by heart feel special just to see them and I hope it is OK to take a moment to THANK all our soldier and remember the ones that we have lost on our thread here.

flageag8.gif

It certainly is OK anamanxs. I too want to Thank all our soldiers past and present for making it possible for me and my family to live the lives we do.

I love the eagle and cross. It makes me tear up to look at it. Thanks

Elaine

Archived