Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

Hey JoanKenMarkHeidi everybody from the Victory Gang!

I am going to go ahead and book an inside and share with Paul. Haven't done an inside since my first on the Pride in 02 but a cruise is a cruise!

I have been emailing with Johnan to make sure that my shareholder credit would work and also to make sure it wasn't a prob to book an "international cabin" since Paul and I are from diff countries.

She said everything should be fine. So now just waiting to confirm with Paul and then officially book with Johnan. I have already put in a countdown clock but I will let you know when I am officially booked.

Chris

(I am 45 now, should be 39 by the time the cruise sails)

Just realized the Miracle is a Spirit Class ship. I loved the Pride and this will be the first time back on a Spirit Class ship. They don't have the 1a with porthole cabins that I normally get when I sail solo but it will be nice to be back on a "smaller" ship!

I have sailed out of Ft Laud a few times and it is a pretty good port to get in and out of.

Chris

Hey JoanKenMarkHeidi everybody from the Victory Gang!

I am going to go ahead and book an inside and share with Paul. Haven't done an inside since my first on the Pride in 02 but a cruise is a cruise!

I have been emailing with Johnan to make sure that my shareholder credit would work and also to make sure it wasn't a prob to book an "international cabin" since Paul and I are from diff countries.

She said everything should be fine. So now just waiting to confirm with Paul and then officially book with Johnan. I have already put in a countdown clock but I will let you know when I am officially booked.

Chris

(I am 45 now, should be 39 by the time the cruise sails)

hey Chris that is great, we are doing anytime dining as well as Mike,Rhonda and girls, it will be great to cruise together again

Joan:)

for those that do not know Ken & I,

Ken is a retaired Navy man, was in The Canadian Navy for 38+ years and retired 5 years ago and now works as a contracter doing comminacations(sp) on the Canadian ships,

I have not worked for 4 years, I worked Ladies Retail Managment for years, I do miss all the people contact but get together with them at least twice a year,

we have two children a son 41 married and two Grandsons and moving to Ontario this summer, we also have a Daughter just turned 38 yesterday married and one Granddaughter they live eight houses away,

we have a sweet little mini Dauchund Missy and she is the boos of the house,

we love to travel and have our Grandchildren here for a week-end,

that is about all I can think of for now,

Joan & Ken:)

OK, I have never been on the Miracle...is this a good ship or what? I LOVED the Dream but the only thing I didn't love was the pools were very small for that many people...Seems this ship holds about half as many people...from the size of this group we may need a pool for just us!:D

I love the Spirit class ships, my absolute favorite. I have been on Miracle before and only thing I didn't like was the grapes in the dining room but I have heard they have been taken down. But of course they weren't bad enough to be a real negitive just a bit icky.

Nice size ship, they really isn't anything about the layout I didn't like, best part is all floors go to both front and back, not like Liberty where up one level down 2 etc to get past the galley sort of thing if that makes sense.

Hummmm that 2 night cruise is interesting, might consider adding that one on......hummmmmmmm

Chris, how and where do you get shares?

Joan

Depends on how much you cruise whether the shares are worth it...CCL is trading at $36.47 right now, you have to have 100 shares, so $3,647 plus commission to get $50?

It is a great perk if you bought it after Sept 11 but not so much right now for an investment...

Hi all! DH will be 42 in July. I am 43 but BD is Jan 28th so we'll have to have cake at which ever hotel we all end up at before cruise.;) We have three children who will be coming with us. Two DD 14 and 12 and one DS 10. We have two dogs and one cat. We live in a small town in Minnesota called Cambridge. DH is a peditrician and I am a stay at home mom. Looking forward to this group cruise in only 600 something days.:)

Depends on how much you cruise whether the shares are worth it...CCL is trading at $36.47 right now, you have to have 100 shares, so $3,647 plus commission to get $50?

It is a great perk if you bought it after Sept 11 but not so much right now for an investment...

The credit is anywhere from $50-$250 depending on the length of the cruise. It would be $100 on this 8 day cruise.

I bought mine a year ago and even with it dropping in the last month, I am still up 40%.

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you and if it fits within your overall portfolio/retirement plans.

You don't have to own the shares at the time of the cruise, just when you apply for the credit.

Hi all! DH will be 42 in July. I am 43 but BD is Jan 28th so we'll have to have cake at which ever hotel we all end up at before cruise.;) We have three children who will be coming with us. Two DD 14 and 12 and one DS 10. We have two dogs and one cat. We live in a small town in Minnesota called Cambridge. DH is a peditrician and I am a stay at home mom. Looking forward to this group cruise in only 600 something days.:)

My DD will be 12 at the time of the cruise...atleast I know there will be a few other kids on board...

My DD will be 12 at the time of the cruise...atleast I know there will be a few other kids on board...

Hola Tracyanns, where in central/south jersey? I am originally from up north (wayne) and went to school for a while outside atlantic city.

Hola Tracyanns, where in central/south jersey? I am originally from up north (wayne) and went to school for a while outside atlantic city.

Right outside Atlantic City...Linwood, Somers Point, Egg Harbor Township...do you know where any of those are?

The credit is anywhere from $50-$250 depending on the length of the cruise. It would be $100 on this 8 day cruise.

I bought mine a year ago and even with it dropping in the last month, I am still up 40%.

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you and if it fits within your overall portfolio/retirement plans.

You don't have to own the shares at the time of the cruise, just when you apply for the credit.

I understand that...just commenting on this particular 2 day sailing...that's all...there were some very opportune times in 2008 & 2009 to get CCL stock at a great price, just not so much now(but once again that is just my opinion) That would need to be a lot of OBC for me to buy it for that purpose...

Was just viewing some FB photos, Sheila I love you and DH's costume! Still viewing....really nice pics, everybody's having so much fun!

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa!! We were having a great time!! :)

Wow. Been under the weather for a couple of days and come back to see the board has exploded. Was shocked that we're not official yet. Maybe today is the day. Fingers and toes crossed.;)

We are official, but it sure will be nice when we get our group forum up and running! It will be lots easier to keep up with what's happening! :cool:

when we get our own "room" will it be broken up by subjects? I'm asking because I want to host one of the cabins for the crawl. I'm going to be driving to the port so I can bring just about anything legal ;)

Yes, the "room" will be broken into subjects...and the cabin crawl with definitely have it's own thread....Debbie (Celtic1) is our Cabin Crawl Guru :p....she will start the thread and tell us what she needs us to do.

We will also have threads for Ports of Call excursions, airfare, hotel, name tags, who's booked, etc....

No one will get lost...it will be very easy to navigate.:)

I have also set up a Roll Call thread....

Someone asked about FLL...We really like it...easy to get around...very organized...Lots of ships and lots of people, but we have only had an issue there one time - with debarkment. The next time, they had it all worked out.

We like the airport too...not too big...nice people....

We're booked in an 8D balcony. We were upgraded to a balcony once and I'll never cruise without one now.

Phyllis

Same thing happened to us, Phyllis! Carnival sure knew how to reel us in!! :rolleyes::D

Speaking of OBC...do we get extras for booking a decent size group? Just curious...

Since we are doing this as a CC group cruise, I don't think we will get any extra perks besides the $75 per cabin OBC, the CC Pin, and the discount on CC merchandise, that they are giving us now. :(

But, hey! I'll take those things and run, 'cause this is the best group you would ever want to cruise with! :):cool:

Sheila<----------------"wait"ing patiently for our group forum link;)

Archived