Anyone Interested in Late Jan/Early Feb 2012 CC Group Cruise to ARUBA on Miracle?

SheilaS

Same thing happened to us, Phyllis! Carnival sure knew how to reel us in!! :rolleyes::D

Since we are doing this as a CC group cruise, I don't think we will get any extra perks besides the $75 per cabin OBC, the CC Pin, and the discount on CC merchandise, that they are giving us now. :(

But, hey! I'll take those things and run, 'cause this is the best group you would ever want to cruise with! :):cool:

Sheila<----------------"wait"ing patiently for our group forum link;)

That is what I was wondering about, I didn't see the $75 anywhere and I know they usually do something...THANKS!

Sheila how come they're not giving us a $100 OBC? I thought that was the normal rate for these group cruises. Still going either way just wondering.:confused:

Carnival set the OBC...they had our number right from the get-go. They knew they had a hot itinerary, so they're only giving a minimum for perks. :rolleyes: I was surprised that we didn't at least get chocolate covered strawberries! :p But, we took what we could get and we'll have the best time e-ver!!! :cool::cool:

I think they're tightening up things across the board where-ever possible...it will be interesting to watch their strategy over the next months. :p

Sheila<-------------is a Pollyanna at heart

If I have your name wrong....OR....If you are booked and not on the list, please add yourself or just tell us and someone will be glad to do the honors. :)

BOOKED

Sheila (SheilaS) & Walter

Jacky & Sandy (SandyJB)

Braxton & Sandy (Sheila & Walter's Cousins)

Terry (Falcons07) & Carl 7111

Mike & Kayleen (Carl's DB & SIL)

Elaine (Soazlaney) & Richard

Dana, Rod & Curtis (Elaine & Richard's DD & SIL & DGS)

Annette (Anamanxs) & Elmer

Bill (Javacruiser) & Jill (Boxermama)

Bill (Billfish) & Joanne

Doug (DougD) & Carol (CD1273)

Marty (Zipster16) and Sharon

Grace (seguincrusier) & Chris plus Clarissa (15), Kristen (13), and Jacob (11)

Tim (CelticTim) & Debbie (CelticD1)

Susan (Mngazer) & Joe

Phyllis (ferretface) & Dean

Mike and Kim (MikeNKim)

Denise (dandm) & Mike

Lisa (keystonemama) & David (Hot Tub Cowboy)

Joan (sailorwife) & Ken

Mike (newt98) & Rhonda, plus Ashley & Nicole

Tracey (Lizzzys) & Ron

Chuck (waldocruiser1) & Debbie (deborahjo) + 5 (Ben, Katrina, Fernando, Pat, Kendra)

Alison (JaneyLynn) & some lucky friend maybe

Ann (itsalljimmysfault) & Mike

Cindy (austincici) & Greg

Kathi (happylady) & Phil

Tracy (tracyanns) & Jeff

Anyone else?? :)

Johnan called me earlier today and left a message to cal lher. I called twice and left amessage for her to call me back she still hasnt. I will try again tommorow or try by e-mail. She is hard to get ahold of.

I am 50 and Heidi is a just younger than me. we have sailed on the Mirale once before

Hi MikeNKim,

We have cruised out of FLL before, as well as Miami and we actually chose the Miracle Waiters cruise partially because of how nice FLL is compared to Miami. We stayed downtown in Miami before and after our cruise last month (at the Marriott, which was nice) and I don't think I've ever felt more unsafe in my life. We also got ripped off by the cabbies (they made us pay the toll leaving the port. Only $2.00... but still!!) We took the metro mover and it was very shady. Never again. I'd choose Fort Lauderdale any day. It was way less congested and very friendly and safe feeling in comparison. When we cruise out of FLL we stayed at the Marriott right outside of the port and it was pleasant, and very conveniently located.

That's my $.02 worth :)

Tracey

Good morning waiters!!!!!!

Beautiful sunshine here in southern, Ontario but apparently some nasty storms heading in for this afternoon, just in time for afternoon rush hour...of course.

I have never cruised out of Fort Lauderdale before if you had to compare it to another FLA port which would it be. I have been out of Miami, Tampa....which is my fav, Jacksonville and Port Canaveral. I will have to say Miami was my least favorite, just way to conjested, I think there was 6 or 8 ships in port when we where there

Kim

Hi Mark, Johna is very busy send her an e-mail, she will get back to you, when you e-mail her give her all the info but your cc # and she will be ready for you,

when do you and Heidi and shirley leave for Vacation soon isn't it,:confused:

Joan:)

Another Tracy? Welcome! I'm Tracey and I'm 43, my significant other is Ron and he is 48. :) I saw the W on Real Housewives of Orange County and it looked beautiful. We usually Priceline our rooms and get pretty good deals. Nice to meet you!

Tracey

What is the average age of everyone and where is everyone from...seems like alot from Canada...I used to live in Maine so that was my back yard...

We booked a 4D and a 8K...never had a 8K before but hubby insists on a balcony...and my mom and daughter like the insides...sleep better in the dark and if they want to sit on the balcony they can come to our room...

I would imagine in January we are going to go down the day before, if we can get a decent rate we will stay at the W, my fave hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. We are staying here for our October Oasis cruise too...

I don't do facebook or the other social networking sites so I will have to just chat on here I guess...don't have time at home and can't access them at work. Can't wait til we get out own thread so we can chat over there...do we have to wait for one and can't someone just start one?

Add us to the BOOKED list! :D

I spoke with Johna today and Judie and I are all set to go. Booked an 8B guarantee cabin and signed up for late dinner seating.

Things have been a bit crazy with people coming in to look at the house, which means I have to spend more time cleaning, (not my favorite pasttime!) work is nuts and some family issues are finally settling down. I have been lurking like some of the others (Hi Doug!) and I will post more once the separate threads get set up.

But we are REALLY happy we are booked and are looking forward to seeing y'all again and making new friends!

Linda

Hi there,

We have a potential 4 more people interested in this cruise. Can someone give me the details and contact info. I don't feel like reading 51 pages!! We are friends with Joan&Ken, Mark&Heidi, Mike&Rhonda and PictureChris.

Thanks.

Sue

Ok, call me crazy, but I just booked that little 2 nighter prior to our cruise. Got the same cabin number also, so no need to pack and unpack. I know it will probably be a total booze cruise just being 2 nights but a nice little pre-start to a fun 8 nights.

Hi there,

We have a potential 4 more people interested in this cruise. Can someone give me the details and contact info. I don't feel like reading 51 pages!! We are friends with Joan&Ken, Mark&Heidi, Mike&Rhonda and PictureChris.

Thanks.

Sue

Hi Sue, well finally, Paul is coming as well and he & Chris are booking together,check your e-mail as we cannot put the prices here,

I am Happy you Guys are coming along,

Joan

no word from the Higer Ups today Sheila :confused:,oh well maybe tomorrow;)

Arrrgh! Not yet!! I emailed her just in case she had forgotten us. :p

Hi there,

Thanks.

Sue

That's great, Sue...we are really liking Joan's friends. :)

Email me... sheila smithwick at aol dot com (remove spaces etc...)

Ok, call me crazy, but I just booked that little 2 nighter prior to our cruise. Got the same cabin number also, so no need to pack and unpack. I know it will probably be a total booze cruise just being 2 nights but a nice little pre-start to a fun 8 nights.

Oh! Lucky You!! I'm totally green! :p

Johnan called me earlier today and left a message to cal lher. I called twice and left amessage for her to call me back she still hasnt. I will try again tommorow or try by e-mail. She is hard to get ahold of.

Well Phooey! You are having some of my kind of luck! :p

Add us to the BOOKED list! :D

I spoke with Johna today and Judie and I are all set to go. Booked an 8B guarantee cabin and signed up for late dinner seating.

Linda

Woo-Hoooo!! That's fabulous, Linda!! Can't wait to see you two again! :)

Just saw this on fox news. Joran van der Sloot is being looked for by Interpol for the possible murder of a young lady in Lima, Peru. He was the young man questioned in Natalie Holloway's disapperance five years ago. Prayers for both young lady's families.

Paul and I decided on a 4C and are both emailing Johnan our info.

That 2 day cruise does look interesting.

I asked my PVP about the 2 week empty schedule for the Miracle between 1/13/2012 and 1/27/2012. She said all it said was "restricted sailing". I asked her if that meant a charter for swingers or nudists? She said no, that usually it will say charter (and chuckled).

My guess is that it is a dry dock, it just hasn't been formally announced. The last one was in 2007 so it will be time.

I do believe we are going to have almost all the ship or at least half of it:D, I guess all my crusing Friends are joing us , they are a super bunch of people

If we had 300 people it would be like 10 percent only. I wish we could fill half the ship.lol Joan glad to have your gang along. :cool:

Just saw this on fox news. Joran van der Sloot is being looked for by Interpol for the possible murder of a young lady in Lima, Peru. He was the young man questioned in Natalie Holloway's disapperance five years ago. Prayers for both young lady's families.

Just saw that myself.... hmmmmmm! if its him... he is toast with this one! The hotel room was in his name and the gal has skin under her fingernails. Lots of evidence. They will know with this one. Another sad story.

Thanks for the welcome for my Friends , we meet on the Triumph and sailed this year on the Victory and now this, we try to go together every two years, a Great Bunch, from Vancouver Canad and Toronto Canada, Ottawa canda(me) and Idaho as well as Florida, we stay in touch and have a really good time on our cruises,

welcome Gang:D

Joan & Ken:)

ps

no extended balcony this time just a balcony midship Empress,:p

My DD will be 12 at the time of the cruise...atleast I know there will be a few other kids on board...

Our oldest son that is having his Marriage Blessed this weekend has a 9 year old step son. He will be 11 when we cruise. Good to know other kids coming.

Archived