Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Just give us a couple more days, we'll be on the Sun on Friday for the 3-nighter! :) I'll drag DH to the computer room and we'll post to say hi. I'm going to subscribe to this thread so even if it falls a few pages down, we'll be able to find it to post over the weekend.

I'll do my best to keep bumbing it to the top Beth...looking forward to reading your posts:

"LIVE FROM THE SUN"!!!

Everyday I look to this thread for new posts, its what gets me going in the morning and gets me to work on time the next day. I am sailing the sun in oct. and am awaiting any news I can get. Looking very forward to hearing how the Alaska season goes.

PLEASE KEEP POSTING FOR ALL THE FUTURE SUN CRUISERS, we all hang on your every post.

Everyday I look to this thread for new posts, its what gets me going in the morning and gets me to work on time the next day. I am sailing the sun in oct. and am awaiting any news I can get. Looking very forward to hearing how the Alaska season goes.

PLEASE KEEP POSTING FOR ALL THE FUTURE SUN CRUISERS, we all hang on your every post.

Amen!:D

Well it seems like a last minute booking to us. We will be sailing on the Sun doing back to back starting May 23 and getting back home June 6th. So we leave Vancouver up to Whittier and then sail back to Vancouver. This will be our 2nd and 3rd with Princess. Overall racks up to be the 20th. We usually book 6 months or more in advance.

When we saw the prices drop for these trips, it was cheaper to sail back then to fly back! We will be celebrating my husband's birthday.

We certainly will try and send an update back, thanks to all previous posters, its been fun reading all the posts.

I am still laughing at 18 lobsters...now my husband might do 18 servings of escargot but not lobsters!

Keep the messages coming. One question, where was your favorite spot on deck to relax?

We are on the 5-30 sailing of the Sun.....we are doing an RV for the first 8 days and thenb boarding in Whittier......maybe we can meet?

We are from Fort Lauderdale, we are sailing with another couple, their first time cruise......

Have you been to Alaska before???

wasup254@aol.com

Marlene and Steve

We also meet another couple from Texas and we plan to meet after we board, you will already have been on board for a week

Wow that sounds like some adventure, doing an RV before, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone doing that before. I am assuming that you lease an RV up there and leave there. It would be easy to pick you out if they start loading an RV on the deck! I have seen alot of things on cruise ships but not that. (just kidding)

This will be our third trip to Alaska, we find it cool but fun. I for one do not relish the cold weather and just hate winter up here. I am from North Carolina but have lived here in Saskatoon, Canada with my husband for 7 years now. We still had a little snow last week. The nicest trip to Alaska was during July 4th, I remember it so well because we were in Juneau, and it was in the high 80's that day, they had their 4th of July Parade and everyone in the shops were out having fun. We all had shorts on, it was just glorious weather that trip.

We would love to meet with you when you join us onboard, maybe we can meet at sailaway, I cannot remember when life boat drill is but will check and see if we can set a time.

We just sailed out of Fort Lauderdale this past October. We did a Panama Canal Transit out of there and ended in San Francisco. We sailed on RCI.

Counting the days:

Carol

Carol,

We've done the repositioning cruise from FL through the Canal to SF before too and it was great only having to fly once!:D

Have a great time on your cruise...someone's already supposedly broken my 18 lobster record but I've never confirmed that personally.18 lobsters certainly is a lot but I could have squezzed in a couple more...if I tried!:eek:

Cruiserforlife: Do you really think that it has been broken? (lobster record), who was your waiter and I will go and ask him if anyone has even attempted this. Now since we are going to be on for 2 sailings, maybe we could if ate over the entire cruise..but not ond setting, did you take video? (kidding) The Canal Transit was wonderful, we had done a partial round trip before with RCI leaving Galveston and going thru the first set of locks and enjoyed it so much we thought we would take the whole trip. It was great. Aren't you ready to cruise again soon???????

Paula: That sounds lovely it would be great to meet and make new friends. We will have to connect here with plans closer to sail time for us. I was looking at your screen name, could you perhaps be from MO?

Till later:

Carol

Carol,

I seriously don't think that record was broken but it was reported that it was from a returning Sun cruiser.I find it hard to believe anyone could break that record easily (heck,I still can't believe that I DID!:eek: )but I prepped my waiter (great guy from Mexico,can't remember his name right now:confused: )all week about how much I love lobster and he took care of us royally!He didn't even have them bother with the shells or the side dishes,he just brought me 3 plates of six tails each and I was in heaven!

My previous record was 13...

Bowing down in awe, your still the Lobster King!

I wanted to ask you about the Patisserie onboard. I was looking at deck plans and had never noticed this before, what did they serve? Did you partake, was there an extra charge? Gee if I can have free pastries and free pizza....well I will be definitely walking a lot on this cruise!

Thanks for your help:

Carol

Just give us 24 hours and we'll be onboard--we like to board early and begin eating as soon as possible! :D

Because I'm too lazy to go reread again, what's the name of everyone's favorite bartender? And does s/he make good Irish coffees? :D

Carol C,

The Pattisiserie is on the bottom floor of the Attrium directly across from the Pursor's desk. They have specialty coffees for a fee and regular coffee and tea for free. Also alcoholic drinks. They have little cookies and maripan goodies for free also. One of our favorite things to do is relax in the bar there with coffee, read the free news report from the Pursor's desk and people watch.

Carol,

we are on Emerald deck.....334...we are renting the RV there, yes, and then we are doing the cruise.

I guess life throws in a few zingers, today had a major flood in the bathroom..YUCK....keeps my mind off of alaska, for a few minutes.

We live 5-21...two weeks saturday

Was looking at the clothes to take today, they are all in the second bedroom and they luggage is in there too, so to get the clothes in the suitcase.

LOL

We are for the most part ready...if only work would let me enjoy the time leading up to the cruise, it has been unbearbale.

Maybe we can meet for breakfast one day....

Marlene

Carol,

Glad palolake was able to answer your question,their group cruised with us back on 1/28 which seems like forever except for when I read this thread...then I feel like I'm right back on deck sipping a cold one watching the glistening sun sparkle on the blue caribbean waters.

MAN,I'M READY TO GO SAILING RIGHT NOW!!!

Wasup,

I saw from Princess Sapphire bridgecam that she was in Seward and switched to the Seward Cam and checked on her all day til she sailed It is a beautiful ship and was a gorgeous day...

Archived