Which river cruise companies offering rebooking?

alexandra cruiser

Can anyone tell me which companies are helping out customers to rebook or refund"? Think it will help many to determine which ones "helped" and those that did not for future booking....know it s not possible to get insurance now for volcano related problems after the 15 th....now I m stuck because I didnt get "cancel for any reason" at time of initial deposit and now won t cover because "know event:" ,,,,:confused:

I have rebooked my Burgundy/Provence Cruise with Avalon. I worked thru my online TA who contacted Avalon and was treated fairly. As of the 2nd day of the volcano eruption Avalon had already set up a crisis line to help their travelers.I know because I called the hot line for advice while we were stuck at the Cincinnati airport. I am very relieved I had booked with Avalon.

AMA did not allow us to rebook with them because we didn't use AMA issued travel insurance. We did have travel insurance that we bought through our TA and it did cover the cruise but now we have to submit the documentation to get our money back and then rebook ourselves.

The good news is that AMA is now offering a special of $1000 off per person on certain cruises so it will cost us less for the rebooked cruise....not $2000 less thought because the rebooked cruise was more expensive than the original cruise.

Who'd have thought a volcano!!

Sound like AMA came thru for some, who bought their insurance,,,and Avalon helped too...How about the others?? Most of the ocean liners treated customers awful, from reading their CC website...no rebookings, and some,like Oceania, SeaDream,Cunard, treated as regular cancellation..hear many insurance companies not covering either....what a mess..................:eek:

Archived