Carnival Pride #7298

roscoegirl

Hello...

Does anyone have any info about this aft balcony?? Would be very interested in your thoughts/opinions regarding cabin space and/or balcony layout... Also, any opinions on motion/smells/noise,etc. would be greatly appreciated...We are a family of three and I'm hoping this cabin has more room than a standard balcony room...Pics would be great too!:) Thanks so much for your input..;)

that is, without doubt... one of THE BEST cabins on the ship!!!

saying 'aft balcony' is a misnomer for this cabin... those are the ones to the right of it... they're standard 185 sq ft cabins (inside the cabin) with an extended 60 sq ft balcony which is about twice as deep as normal...

but, 7298 - that's a VS suite... it's got 245 sq ft inside, and a 220 sq ft balcony, which is just simply MASSIVE!!!

twin beds convert to king, with convertible sofa bed... separate bedroom area, 2 tv's, minibar, shower/tub/whirlpool, etc. here's the info from cruise deck plans:

Cabin 7298 (VS VER3) 245/220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: no

separate bedroom area; 2-TV's; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; hair dryer; minibar; large closet; shower/tub/whirlpool; walk-in dressing area with vanity table and chair; sitting area: sofa, armchair and coffee table.

you can click here and scroll down to view:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/spirit/cabin_description/verandah.htm

and, here's a view of the pride's aft... you can see the cabin in this shot :D

IMG_4876.jpg

re: your other questions... i was on pride for a week and never smelled anything offensive, ever, anywhere, and the bulk of such complaints on this board don't seem to be about spirit class ships... motion - as a far forward or aft cabin, you'll likely get more motion than midship and lower... but it's not that bad...

i wrote a super long pride review if you're interested - it's in my signature :D

hope that helps :)

Thanks so much Falkor!!!!!

I feel great having you put your 'stamp of approval' on my choice!!!:) I have read your review and it was the 'seal the deal' opinion which prompted me to book the Pride in the first place!! I was really worried about being in a cabin (for 7 days) that would begin to feel small after a couple of hours with hubby AND a 12yr old boy!:(...(I'm sure you understand this!) The VS cost me a bit more (I'll still watch for $$ reductions, but this is the Xmas holiday so I won't hold my breath) however, I think I'll be more comfortable...and I deserve to feel GOOD...;)

Thanks and I love you!!!!:):D

I was in cabin #7300 on the Pride in Jan and was allowed by the cabin steward on the last day to look in the aft wrap cabin since those guests had already departed the ship. OMG it was beautiful!! You are going to LOVE it!! Congrats! :)

Thanks Tiffany 1203!! You guys have me so excited about this sailing and cabin!!!...I need to stay off these boards and get some work done so I can PAY for what sounds like will be a wonderful cruise..;) I see you are in Alex, Va...we are in Manassas and I used to work in Alexandria...Hello neighbor!!:)

Thanks Tiffany 1203!! You guys have me so excited about this sailing and cabin!!!...I need to stay off these boards and get some work done so I can PAY for what sounds like will be a wonderful cruise..;) I see you are in Alex, Va...we are in Manassas and I used to work in Alexandria...Hello neighbor!!:)

Your welcome neighbor!! Side note:I am NOT looking forward to 66 west in about an hour!! :( Headed out to Haymarket tonight...:rolleyes:

Hi,

My wife, stepson and I stayed in #7298 on the Pride during Thanksgiving week in 2008 on a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I can tell you as a person that has been on several cruises on Royal Caribbean, Princess and Carnival that you won't be disappointed in this room! I decided to splurge a bit and get this room on the recommendation of my Carnival travel agent when he described it and told me it had become available as an upgrade. Previously we had done two cruises with Carnival (on the Spirit and Legend) in the extended balcony rooms and this has much, much more room both inside and out.

It is definitely a good room choice when you have a child travelling with you. My stepson is seven years old and he had a good amount of space in the main room with the sofa that converts to a bed, his own TV and counter space. The main room and separate bedroom have separate access to the balcony and there is door you can close to the bedroom for privacy. The bathroom is significantly larger than the balcony rooms. Another nice thing is there's a walk-in closet so you don't have a problem with storage, much nicer than the balcony rooms.

We didn't notice any odd smells, noise or motion. There's really only one negative thing I can say about it... You're only a couple decks down from the Lido Deck and people sometimes hang out around the back where they can look down on part of your balcony and sometimes if they're smoking up there, ash can come down on your balcony area. Its a minor annoyance though given how great the balcony and room is.

In fact, we liked the room so much that I planned our next cruise in November on the Spirit (sister ship to the Pride) with room #7298 and worked out the dates to ensure I was able to book that room. I think you guys will have a blast and really enjoy that room.

I'm going to have my wife help me find some of the photos we took of our cruise but I also found this on webshots: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561921022HTqAbV They're pictures from someone on the Legend but I can tell you that the layout is identical to the Pride from what I can see and that makes sense as the Pride, Spirit and Legend are virtually identical sister ships.

If you have any other questions feel free to post here or email me direct at reitzlv@yahoo.com

Have fun!

Thanks so much Falkor!!!!!

I feel great having you put your 'stamp of approval' on my choice!!!:) I have read your review and it was the 'seal the deal' opinion which prompted me to book the Pride in the first place!! I was really worried about being in a cabin (for 7 days) that would begin to feel small after a couple of hours with hubby AND a 12yr old boy!...(I'm sure you understand this!) The VS cost me a bit more (I'll still watch for $$ reductions, but this is the Xmas holiday so I won't hold my breath) however, I think I'll be more comfortable...and I deserve to feel GOOD...;)

Thanks and I love you!!!!:):D

you're very welcome! glad the review helped you 'seal the deal', and that this info helps you feel good about your cabin choice :D

i'd certainly understand wanting the extra room... regarding the price reductions, watch right around final payment, when some cabins may be released and prices reduced to fill cabins... but, you're right, re: the holiday cruises... they're always pretty high...

good luck and enjoy your cruise! :cool:

Thanks everyone for your replies...I'm more excited about this cruise than the one I have coming up in July!!! You should hear my hubby bragging about HIS wonderful accommodations!:rolleyes: He wasn't even sure he wanted to go until I shared your comments with him! LOL! Anyway, THANKS and I hope to be able to share my experiences when I return...

to: TIFFANY 1203: hope you made it thru 1-66 to Haymarket without much delay...I 'rarely' drive I-66 anymore, but I do feel your pain!!! lol!

You guys are special!!...jackie and family

Archived