Embarkation Day Lunch options on the Jewel?

minniemom2009

We'll be on the May 1st sailing of the Jewel . . . next Saturday!! I've read that you can either eat at the buffet or the MDR on embarkation day. Are there any other options? I thought I also saw some mention of a pool-deck bbq . . . as vegetarians, this wouldn't exactly work for us, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what all of our options are!

In addition to being vegetarian, I am also allergic to soy and am gluten intolerant, so I want to go somewhere that will give me the best chance of NOT getting sick on my first day : )

Does anyone recall what the menu choices are in the MDR? I was thinking it may be best for me to eat there where I can talk to someone about my dietary needs, but I'm not sure the kids will be too thrilled with it!

We'll be on the May 1st sailing of the Jewel . . . next Saturday!! I've read that you can either eat at the buffet or the MDR on embarkation day. Are there any other options? I thought I also saw some mention of a pool-deck bbq . . . as vegetarians, this wouldn't exactly work for us, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what all of our options are!

In addition to being vegetarian, I am also allergic to soy and am gluten intolerant, so I want to go somewhere that will give me the best chance of NOT getting sick on my first day : )

Does anyone recall what the menu choices are in the MDR? I was thinking it may be best for me to eat there where I can talk to someone about my dietary needs, but I'm not sure the kids will be too thrilled with it!

You are right. You can eat at the MDR, Buffet or Deck Bar B Que. I would recommend you calling NCL and letting them know of your dietary needs. When they know in advance they will make sure they have things on board to meet your needs.

As for the Menu. I am sure if you go to Photo Bucket or Web Shots and type in NCL Jewel Menus, something will come up. The only two main dishes I remember from the MDR for lunch on the first day was Talapia and BarBQue ribs. ( we ordered them)

See you on Saturday !!!

Yes contact the cruise line they will give you a list of things but it may be to late now. For you I recommend the Main Dining Room (less chance of cross contamination issues. See the Head Mait;d the first day and talk with him as soon as you board. He will go over the menu daily with you and ensure that you only have things you can eat. My daughter is the same way and we tell them 60 days in advance and they send a list that she can pick from.

Archived