Catamaran Web Site? Princess Tour STT-815

kbleicher

Hi there,

My wife and I recently took the Caribbean Princess to the Southern Caribbean.. The first stop was St. Thomas. We took tour STT-815: "Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel Adventure".

The crew on the catamaran took pictures for us to download later, but we can't remember the web site. I recall that the sail said 'Cat' on it, and they said something like 'vithecat.com', but it's not working. :confused:

Anyone know what it may be?

Thanks bunches!

• 5 months later...

Hi, The websight for this excursion is thevicat.com/Cruise Line Passengers We are in St Thomas in April on Ruby Princess and are looking at this excursion. How did you like it? We are deciding between the St John Half Day Champagne Cruise and the Turtle Cove Snorkel on The Cat. Glad you had a great cruise and I hope you can locate your pictures:):)

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this trip and it was fantastic. The crew is great! They have recently added a marine biologist to the staff and she made the snorkeling very interesting. We actually decided to do this because it was less expensive that anything I could find on our own for 9 people. I would highly recommend this if you enjoy this type of thing. By the way, the morning sail was full with I think 80 passengers - we took the afternoon trip and only had 34 so you might think about that as well.

Just did this trip and it was fantastic. The crew is great! They have recently added a marine biologist to the staff and she made the snorkeling very interesting. We actually decided to do this because it was less expensive that anything I could find on our own for 9 people. I would highly recommend this if you enjoy this type of thing. By the way, the morning sail was full with I think 80 passengers - we took the afternoon trip and only had 34 so you might think about that as well.

Did you see colorful coral, many interesting fish and turtles on this tour? Did the marine biologist act as a snorkel guide? Did you swim over to a nearby reef?

We are avid snorkelers and are considering taking this excursion next week. We usually go out in the morning because it is supposed to be clearer then. Don't know if that is really true. Would much prefer going out with a smaller number if that is what happens in the afternoon. Did you have crystal clear water? Would love to hear more details.

Thanks

1. Did you see colorful coral, many interesting fish and turtles on this tour?

2. Did the marine biologist act as a snorkel guide? Did you swim over to a nearby reef?

3. Did you have crystal clear water?

1. We saw many turtles, stingrays, starfish, a conch, and hermit crab who had taken over a conch shell along with many varieties of fish. The reef itself wasn't the best I've seen but it was enjoyable.

2. Yes, she pointed out the things and brought things up from the bottom for us to inspect. She is very passionate about her role and was a great guide!

3. The water was very clear.

I originally wanted to go in the morning but my friends did another tour that was only offered in the morning. I was disappointed that we had to choose the afternoon tour, but it ended up being for the best and we had a great time. We have snorkeled in A LOT of places and this wasn't the best I've ever seen overall, but the crew and the Cat itself made this a great tour. I learned a lot from Emily and she did show some things I would have missed if I were snorkeling on my own.

If you want some great snorkeling in a very unusual spot get to Champagne Reef on Dominica at some point in your life.

Hope this helps!

Archived