St. Maarteen ATV Excursion

Lovelytee706

We did this tour in 2008, it was a blast. You each have your own ATV and follow in a line all around the island. You are both on road and off road. The guides were great and always concerned for our safety. They worked as a team to head off any problems with traffic (ie: blocking intersections so the group did not get separated). We had a brief stop at a beach area, with a restaurant and some shopping. It was a lot of fun and would highly recomend it.

We just did this in Jan. You book with Island Marketing and they sub-contract out to an ATV touring company. This is the company we had.

Sparkle ATV Tours sparklecarrental.com

The owner picked us up at the airport and took us to the rental shop.

A gentleman by the name of Dusty was our guide. We got our helmets (not sure if they would be approved in Canada )

I agree with JOROSAM. It was a blast. You each have your own ATV and follow in a line all around the island. You are both on road and off road. The guides were great and always concerned for our safety. We had a brief stop at a beach area, with a restaurant and some shopping. It was a lot of fun and would highly recomend it.

atv.jpg

atv5.jpg

atv3.jpg

atv4.jpg

atv7.jpg

atv9.jpg

atv2.jpg

atv8.jpg

atv6.jpg

Great way to see the Island ( we did french and Dutch side )

Dusty our guide does approx 2 tours day. He knew almost everyone at every house, on every street..... waving and tooting his horn. Soon we were all waving and beeping our horns :D

We lucked out and it was only our family of 4 on this morning tour. We could stay as long or as short as each stop as we wanted. As long as we were back when our tour was over.

Looks like a lot of fun. I have a couple of questions. How long was your stop at Orient Beach & which beach club did you stop at? Also, how long was the excursion? My son is 15 & about 6' tall...would he fit comfortably on the back of the 2-person ATV?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like a lot of fun. I have a couple of questions. How long was your stop at Orient Beach & which beach club did you stop at? Also, how long was the excursion? My son is 15 & about 6' tall...would he fit comfortably on the back of the 2-person ATV?

Thanks in advance.

We were at the beach for almost 1 hour. I think we got that long because we were the only ones in the group so some of our sightseeing stops were quicker than usual.

As for your son, depends on what size the driver is. My dh is 6 ft tall and sat on back sometimes, but the driver was small :) There is multiple stops so you can always stretch legs or switch drivers.

atv10.jpg

• 8 months later...

Great way to see the Island ( we did french and Dutch side )

Dusty our guide does approx 2 tours day. He knew almost everyone at every house, on every street..... waving and tooting his horn. Soon we were all waving and beeping our horns :D

We lucked out and it was only our family of 4 on this morning tour. We could stay as long or as short as each stop as we wanted. As long as we were back when our tour was over.

We are looking at taking this tour in April with Island Marketing. I have read on several forums that there are "steep hills" that you climb. Can you provide a little information on this?? Thanks :)

Archived