Cant make departure, fly into first port

2010cruise

Hi, I haven't posted much, but I've been reading. Thank you all for your wonderful hints/suggestions and reviews.

My husband, daughter and I leave out of NY on Thursday April 29th on the Carnival Miracle. My husband may have to work on Thursday and Friday, thereby missing the ship. We are thinking of having him fly into San Juan to meet the ship there. I've made my phone calls, and it seems that it would be okay to do this. I'm just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this? Was it smooth getting on board the ship at the first port?

Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I don't know the logistics involved when half the party makes it on the boat at the originating port and someone 'hops on' at the next port, however in general I imagine it would be pretty painless to board the ship at one of the ports - you're not in line with 3,000 other people trying to get their affairs in order.

Yes, I've done this! We missed our cruise d/t an evil connecting flight! We flew the next morning into Cancun and spent the day there. :) The day after we went to Cozumel and hopped on the ship. We had no problems. They knew in advance that we had missed the ship and they knew we were coming. We had to do a "special" muster station drill that afternoon. Other than that it was a piece of cake. :)

Due to a partial electrical system failure and emergency landing while flying down, plus a nor'easter to complicate things even further. We missed the first few days off of our Valor sailing in 07. The airline flew us to Grand Cayman, put us in a hotel, (thank you cruise insurance) we tendered onto the ship with the lost luggage when it arrived. They had all our paperwork and past guest pins ready when we arrived , we checked in at the info desk. Our stewart was there and carried our luggage up, the captain even came to greet us because we had such a "scary time" getting there.

Ah, memories.

I think we had even left the day before. But yes. If you contact and let them know in advance and let them know of your situation, it should not be much of an issue

Archived