St. Mark's Basilica vouchers

Mooder

I made a reservation on line and understand I should receive my voucher via email. How long does this typically take? I did it over the weekend and wonder whether I should be concerned that I haven't received it.

Thank you in advance!

I received my email confirmation the same day. However, I did book during Italian business hours so that may be the difference. Maybe when you book on the week-end you need to wait until at least Monday to receive confirmation.:confused:

I received mine almost immediately. Maybe you didn't complete the request.

Sounds like I messed up, even though it certainly seemed I had completed it. But I'm not sure if I should input again? I have sent an email question and will see if I get a response in the next day or so. If not, I'll repeat the process.

Thank you - that's exactly what I needed to know.

Sounds like I messed up, even though it certainly seemed I had completed it. But I'm not sure if I should input again? I have sent an email question and will see if I get a response in the next day or so. If not, I'll repeat the process.

Thank you - that's exactly what I needed to know.

Did you check your junk email folder in case it went there?

When you booked, did the confirmation page come up on the web site?

At the top it says:

"Infracom Telebookings: your booking has been completed successfully"

followed by your name and booking details, and a bar scan type access code,

followed by your contact details.

I would say if you didn't see that confirmation page, then the booking probably didn't go through.

If you book again I would suggest you copy/paste that info into a Word or other such document, or just print off the web page. It's the same info that you would receive by email. :)

Did you check your junk email folder in case it went there?

When you booked, did the confirmation page come up on the web site?

At the top it says:

"Infracom Telebookings: your booking has been completed successfully"

followed by your name and booking details, and a bar scan type access code,

followed by your contact details.

I would say if you didn't see that confirmation page, then the booking probably didn't go through.

If you book again I would suggest you copy/paste that info into a Word or other such document, or just print off the web page. It's the same info that you would receive by email. :)

Thanks, Freckles! I had done a search of all my email folders, but you prompted me to check Spam once again and, sure enough, there it was, along with confirmation of the info request I sent this afternoon. Now, I feel badly that I bothered them. But that is outweighed by having the voucher!!

Does it save a lot of time to pre-book St. Mark's? Is it worth it?

I suppose it depends what time of year and time of day that you plan on being there. I read on a CC post that you could be lining up for 2 hours without pre-booking.

Apparently you have to pay 1 Euro p/p for the privelege, but I wasn't asked for it when booking, they probably collect as you enter.

The downside, if you see it that way, is that you have to be there for your time slot (10 minutes), otherwise you have to join the general lineup.

One other thing to remember is that in the event of a flood you cannot use the voucher.

IMHO it is worth pre-booking to avoid wasting precious port time in lineups.

I suppose it depends what time of year and time of day that you plan on being there. I read on a CC post that you could be lining up for 2 hours without pre-booking.

Apparently you have to pay 1 Euro p/p for the privelege, but I wasn't asked for it when booking, they probably collect as you enter.

The downside, if you see it that way, is that you have to be there for your time slot (10 minutes), otherwise you have to join the general lineup.

One other thing to remember is that in the event of a flood you cannot use the voucher.

IMHO it is worth pre-booking to avoid wasting precious port time in lineups.

As for the 1 Euro charge, when I signed up it said the system was not currently equipped to take credit cards so the charge will not be collected. WE'll see.

I didn't know it would be usable in case of flood - interesting.

Since it didn't cost us anything to pre-book and we have a good idea when we'll be there (on our way to another pre-arranged event), we didn't see a downside. We have very little time in Venice. If we have to wait in line, we would skip the Basilica.

I always think its worth booking as I hate queues!! However there is of course the risk of no refund if for some reason you can't get there.

We had a timed ticket for a Sat pm in August last year. We arrived early and were just permitted to go to the front of the queue and enter.

As for the 1 Euro charge, when I signed up it said the system was not currently equipped to take credit cards so the charge will not be collected. WE'll see.

I didn't know it would be usable in case of flood - interesting.

Since it didn't cost us anything to pre-book and we have a good idea when we'll be there (on our way to another pre-arranged event), we didn't see a downside. We have very little time in Venice. If we have to wait in line, we would skip the Basilica.

Hi Mooder

I don't see the timed booking as a downside either, just threw that comment in for those who are late for everything ;)

Re: flooding - I think it is in the emailed info, and I read (somewhere:confused:) that in the event of a flood there is only one entrance open and therefore everyone joins the same line, no privileges for voucher holders.

RJHNorthyorks

".....However there is of course the risk of no refund if for some reason you can't get there....."

No refund of what :confused: We didn't pay anything.:D

Hi Mooder

I don't see the timed booking as a downside either, just threw that comment in for those who are late for everything ;)

Re: flooding - I think it is in the emailed info, and I read (somewhere:confused:) that in the event of a flood there is only one entrance open and therefore everyone joins the same line, no privileges for voucher holders.

RJHNorthyorks

".....However there is of course the risk of no refund if for some reason you can't get there....."

No refund of what :confused: We didn't pay anything.:D

The flooding scenario makes sense. Thanks, Freckles - I never read the email! :o

Archived