Shoes in the dining room......

Ave43

Hello all and happy Tuesday!

I've read threads about that you cannot wear flip flops in the dining room. I understand pool style flops, but what about really nice ones? Or does it have to be a sling back sandal? Thanks!

Ave

Hello all and happy Tuesday!

I've read threads about that you cannot wear flip flops in the dining room. I understand pool style flops, but what about really nice ones? Or does it have to be a sling back sandal? Thanks!

Ave

There's a difference between CAN not and SHOULD not...;)

Carnival has relaxed the dress code quite a bit. I don't see them turning you away. unless the "really nice" flip flops are paired up with a bathing suit for dinner.

(Some people have really taken the "relaxed" dress code to the extreme. T-shirts on formal night are not uncommon anymore, and they don't get turned away.)

Yes you can wear them.........but be warned people will tell you no lol! Bring them and have a great cruise......

Well said!

I have lots of great memories from all of my cruises and none of them include what others have had on their feet. Have a great cruise!

I was thinking the same thing and dont see what the problem is with flip-flops on a casual dinner night..Im planning on wearing my ff from Old Navy..Im pairing them with sun dresses. I want to be comfortable and I wear ff all the time back at home even when I go out for a casual dinner..Not a BIGGIE..Lol

Formal nights are different of course no ff here. ;)

just a thought..Once you are seated at the table guess what..nobody will be able to see your feet or what type of shoes you are wearing, so I dont get the big deal with which type of shoes you wear, just as long as you are wearing some:)

just a thought..Once you are seated at the table guess what..nobody will be able to see your feet or what type of shoes you are wearing, so I dont get the big deal with which type of shoes you wear, just as long as you are wearing some:)

I don't care if anyone sees my flip flops:D

Totally agree! On one of our cruises, I ended up with an allergic reaction on my feet and legs. I put my shoes on at the door of the dining room, took them off at the table, and put them back on to get out of the dining room.

I think you're supposed to dress like you're going to church:confused:

I think that my Church has also embraced Carnival's "relaxed" dress code.

I wore "dressy" flip flops on formal night with a nice skirt and blouse. Dressed it up a bit with jewelry, but I think as long as they're not the rubber, beachy type flip flops you'll be fine.

I have both a black and a white pair - dressy-ish, harder bottoms, not the rubber or squishy kind. Actually, the white one's I wore when I got married. Granted, it was a beach wedding, but still. :D

Archived