Travelling with a C-PAP machines on NCL

mustangbonnie

I see a few posters have not read the entire thread so let me catch you up. The OP is coming into the US from a foreign country. When she arrives in Seattle, she will pass through US Customs and Immigration and then board an NCL Airport to cruise terminal transfer. She might be able to take a Taxi from the port to a grocery store, IF there is time. However, we don't know what time her flight gets in or what time the bus will arrive at the port, so we cannot assume she will have the time to take a taxi anywhere to get the needed distilled water.

As we all know, when the cruiseline books your flight and you take the cruise line's shuttle to the terminal, you don't get to pick and choose flights and times and you certainly cannot ask the bus to stop somewhere so you can buy something.

She is registered as living on "the west coast of Canada".

I understand not being able to ask the airport transfer to stop so that she could pick up the water, but numerous cpap users have all said that they can use the ships water without problems. I don't know as I have never used only the ships water. But, I do know that you can get 1 liter bottles of distilled or sterile water at most pharmacies (you may have to ask for them). This size bottle will easily pack in a suitcase and will add little weight. You may need to claim that you have water FOR MEDICAL USE in your case if there is a weight problem. We always claim our medical bag before they go through it and have it marked appropriately. We always travel with sterile water for medical use and check it through, I put the bottles in ziplock bags (just in case) but have never had any problems and we have traveled extensively. Good Luck and I appologise for some of the 'tones' used here. Sometimes we all fail to read the 'fine print' before responding. :) I hope this helps...

It may be the cleanest water on earth...if it has minerals in it? It will leave a white film on the humidifier.

I live in a small town with very heavy water, so heavy a brand new coffee maker will plug up with that white mineral residue within two weeks. When one reads the fine print of their coffee maker, the simple solution is to use vinegar to clean the gunk up....

I have been using bottled drinking water using the same reverse osmossis systems cruise ships have. My coffee maker is over five years in age. My previous coffee maker lasted over ten years using bottled water. The ships water is as clean as bottled water. One week of using the ships water won't ruin your CPAP machine or build up the white gunk.

By the way my CPAP machine is over fifteen years old. While I buy distilled water for my CPAP machine at home when I buy bottled drinking water for my coffee maker at the grocery store every week. There have been times the store has sold out of distilled water, during those weeks I use bottled drinking water instead.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Using reverse osmossis clean water for one week won't hurt your CPAP machine. If you do see a white build up of minerals, which I doubt, use vinegar to clean it....

On a positive note, thanks for the info. I will know to buy some in Miami before we board for my hubby's CPAP. A funny story, we have cruised the Disney Magic, and I requested it prior. When we got to our room, it was there, but also a commode. We laughed, just because we needed water for the machine, I guess they thought he needed a bedside commode as well. The look on my kids face was priceless when we told them it was for them to go in. We will be cruising the Epic in December, and will have to remember the extension cord.

Archived