Should I be upset at our TA?

Vianky

So ya gonna throw the TA under the bus:confused: Or ya gonna at least call and hear her side of the story:confused:

Me and my brother have both called today twice each. Did not answer but called my brother back once and left a voice mail since he was in a meeting. When he called her back she had left early again for the day.

I sent her an email yesterday when my brother did not find her and she got back to me this AM. This is what she had to say

"yes i did leave at 2. we were slow and i work till 4 and they offered early releases and i have a teething infant so i was happy to take them up on it.

they would not cancel over one day so no worries. they give us a heads up notice before doing something like that.

I am in at 7am so i dont want to call him as of yet as most people prefer a tad later..

but i am here if he wants to call me..

Customer service is always her 24-7 also so if im not in they are happy to make final etc.."

So we called the customer service number and he was on hold for 35 min. While on hold they were saying to go make the payment on their website so he is going to try and do that once he gets home.

I did find out that Carnivals final payment date is the same date we had with our TA.

Like I said before, this is the first time I use a TA and really didn't know what to expect from one but I do feel now that I should expect more then this. If I knew that all she would be good for is to take my payments then I would have done this myself but this being our first cruise and we have a few cabins in our group I thought it would be helpful to have a TA but to be honest I talked to her the day I gave the deposit and then months later when I called her for final payment and these have been the only times I have talked to her.

So, even if she was there to just take payments (lets say this is all we expect from her) she has not been able to do this.

It really is no big deal. I'm sure we will be able to figure this out. I just wanted to see what others expect and receive from a TA so I know if this was common.

I hear so far that it is not so next time I will do it myself our get another TA. The funny thing is that this TA was recomended by 2 differant people.

they would not cancel over one day so no worries. they give us a heads up notice before doing something like that.

That is what would annoy me. They know he is trying to make final payment so why delay it until the cruiseline threatens to cancel the booking. If the ship is filling fast they can and will cancel it. Can't believe they make it that hard to make a payment.

He was able to pay online tonight so I feel better that thats all over with! What a pain!

What a pain, indeed. Planning a vacation shouldn't be so stressful. I would probably be shopping for a different TA, or next time contact Carnival direct. I don't usually stand for lousy or even mediocre customer service.

Last year, after our cruise on the Glory, I contacted our TA to book another cruise for this year. She told me she'd check rates and options for our desired dates, then call me back. Guess what? She never did! :eek:

So I figured if she wasn't even interested in taking my money, then she wasn't worth my time or business. Her loss. She missed out on booking a cruise for 16 people and another for 5.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for your brother and hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I normally don't bother to respond to these message boards, but this one hit too close to home. For many years I used a travel agent at a very large and well known agency, and received pretty good service. About 3 years ago the service deteriorated severely. She would just take the deposits and never bothered to due any follow-up service such as final payment reminder, post-cruise "welcome home" call or letter, thank you letter, etc. I finally decided that this was not good customer service. As such, I became a travel agent, and I am also a part-time realtor. I am very customer service oriented. If you want to an individual to give you their business, then you have to act like you want it and not just assume that they will keep coming back to you regardless of the type of service you provide. As far as my travel business is concerned, once a client gives me their business they receive a "thank you" letter (either e-mailed or hard copy). I also send notification 30 days Prior To final payment to remind them that final payment will be due in another 30 days. All of this information is kept on my electronic calendar. I also send them a Bon Voyage gift, and when they return home a "Welcome Home" letter is sent . It is the responsibility of the travel agent to make sure that their clients do not miss payment deadlines. When you provide excellent service, you get repeat business as well as new business. There is nothing more powerful than word of mouth. It can make or break your business.

Happy cruising to all !

So how are we able to reach you if we were interested in reserving a cruise through you?

Archived