Jr Suite 9206 or Prem Vista Balcony - ADVICE NEEDED!

brookcie

Jr Suite 9206 or Prem Vista Balcony???  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Jr Suite 9206 or Prem Vista Balcony???

• Jr Suite (9206)
    • Prem Vista Balcony

Ok....I am a newbie as I have never cruised before!! Looking for some advice!

I currently have a "surprise" cruise booked to celebrate our 10 year anniversary which we will be taking during my birthday week departing Feb 27/11 on Carnival Glory!:)

We have a jr suite booked - room 9206 which I am now considering changing to a premium vista balcony - room 6452. I need some advice here!

I was happy at the time of booking to see that the room currently booked (9206) was double the size of a standard room and I thought the balcony was too but have come to realize that is not the case with jr suites 9206/9205! I have also come to realize that the room looks into a public deck which also concerns me although not overly! I have read this public deck is not too busy. I was also quite content to have the room on the lido deck since I thought it would be nice to be close to everything??? Not sure if my thought process is correct though since I have never cruised before! :o:o:):)

I see that the premium vista balcony is a wrap around balcony at 75 feet -as opposed to the 35 feet the jr suite i currently have booked! I am wondering....would it be better to have one of these rooms instead!? I did envision sitting out on the balcony and enjoying a glass of wine and all!

Please, I am in need of advice!??? Can you all help a newbie out. :o

Thanks!

oooh ... I'm dying to book an AFT WRAP! Depending on cost, I say go for it! But it really depends on how you think you will spend your day. Most people don't spend too much time in their rooms, so the larger room itself doesn't really matter (we travel with toddler DS so that's another story). Spending time on the balcony and looking down at the water is fantastic.

You are on the ends either way, so you don't have to debate middle of the ship versus ends. (it's less motion in the middle of the ship, but we've been on ends before and never had a problem even in choppy water.) The lower you are on ship also tends to be less motion as well.

Not sure about your comment about being on lido deck and close to it all. You would be at one end of the ship and all the action at another end. So not sure it ends up being closer but you wouldn't have to wait for elevators (although we've never really had a problem with that). Hopefully someone that has been on Glory can comment. Also don't know about the noise factor being up on Lido.

Either way you are likely to be extremely happy.

Archived