Carnival Steakhouse

Heather1321

If you are wanting a special time book it now and you can always cancel - we always book 2nd at sea day as we don't want to miss the first elegant night and don't want to do a port day as many times we are baffed after an excursion. The last time I was there they had a vegetarian dish but there is also lots on the menu you can order that would suffice. I think sometimes they wait to put on menu depending on availability of certain foods.m Also I would go there the day you embark and ask and they will probably accommodate you with choices. Have a blast and make sure to have the chocolate sampler dessert - it is to die for. Oh and they did not have live entertainment.

If you have one person get the twin lobster tails and one person get the 24 oz. Porterhouse steak, it's much better than getting the 1/2 lobster tail and 1/2 filet mignon. Same meet quality (and more red meat!), same lobster quality, and you'll go back to your cabin satisfied!

As for the vegetarian options, you can view the menu for the steakhouse before making your reservation. AND if they don't have what you want, you could always ask nicely if they could get you whatever the vegetarian dish is in the MDR.

And yes, the chocolate sampler is a requirement if you are dining in the steakhouse - it is absolutely TO DIE FOR, and is the main reason why I cruise *lol*

• 3 years later...
I find it disheartening to learn that Carnival no longer provides live music and dancing at the alternative dinning experience. On the Legend six years ago (I think they called it the Supper Club) I found it to be a wonderful respite from the crowds. It provided the dinning passenger with an intimate, relaxed, sophisticated 2.5 hour dinning experience. The food, the service and the atmosphere was excellent. I hope that the Steakhouse is not a hurried 'get them in and get them out' type of dinning experience.

It is definitely not a hurried meal. I've done it twice now and each time was at least 2.5 hours. I'm sure we could have indicated that we wanted to go a bit faster, and the wait staff would have accommodated us, but we enjoyed the leisurely pace. We never had any sense that they wanted to turn over our table or be done with us.

Yes you can but we have found that reservations are easy to get once you are on board.

That depends on the ship. We made our first night reservations on the Magic ahead of time. After dinner the first night we attempted to make an additional reservation for later in the week, but they were completely booked the entire week. They put us on a waitlist, but we never cleared the list. We checked with them several times during the week so they knew we were serious about wanting the reservation.

Sounds funny but the dining room lobster was amazingly MUCH BETTER than the steakhouse!!!! Steakhouse is best to have steak...not lobster. Just my opinion. Not a fan if warm water lobster. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app