Risa Barnes (?)

kdinkus1

My DH and I do so enjoy talking with the CD's onboard ship. Although they can't 'make or break' our cruise, they can make it much more enjoyable if they are great CD's! My question is that so many people seem to NOT enjoy Risa and I was wondering why? Is it her comedy? Her availability? Her overall demeanor? Just curious... I looked on you tube for video's but with no luck! Does anyone have her on camera so that I can see for myself? Thanks...

Great pic of Risa, Pete.

Gammy - Everybody doesn't love everybody! I've enjoyed having Risa as a CD on two cruises. She's been nothing but likeable, personable, and helpful. She joined me one morning on deck for a cuppa coffee. Being southerners, we had a great chat. She's funny, w/a quick TX wit!:D

I thought Risa was fine. We really don't pay a lot of attention to the CD, couldn't really tell you the names of those we have sailed with. Only really started to pay attention when I started to read John Heald's blog. Lots of people love him, but I find his potty humor gets old. I guess we haven't had a CD that really made the cruise better.

Count me among those that really could not care less who the CD is. They all tell the same corny jokes and have similar over-the-top personalities. We don't participate in most of the organized shipboard activities either.

Having said all of that, Risa is the ONLY one that made any kind of an impact on us. What I appreciated about her is that when not involved in specific job-related activities,we saw her just walking around the ship, talking to passengers, getting to know them and wanting to find out what could be done to make their cruise better. That really impressed me. We were able to spend just a few moments speaking with her and she came off as very sincere.

We have only sailed with Risa once, but liked her a lot.

She was approachable and genuine. I saw her go above and beyond to assist one passenger with MS as she was coming back from the port.

Not to many announcements....

We have only sailed with Risa once, but liked her a lot.

She was approachable and genuine. I saw her go above and beyond to assist one passenger with MS as she was coming back from the port.

Not to many announcements....

That's a big plus.

Archived