Hyatt Place North, Fort Lauderdale/Cambria Suites

prillacj

We're arriving the day before our Oasis cruise next week and will have a full day in Fort Lauderdale. Is this hotel near bars, restaurants, shopping, liquor store, things to do? Do they offer free shuttle service airport to hotel, hotel to cruise? How is their breakfast? Also considering Cambria Suites but because of location a little leery.

Stayed at Hyatt Place North very convienient to shopping and restraunts. Had also booked Cambria but cancelled when I had gotten Hyatt on valuetrips for cheaper.

Hyatt free breakfst and shuttles. Also taxi fare is cheap from the hotel to the pier.

Shuttles to pier are first come so depending when your flight in is depends on what is left for a shuttle. We got to the hotel around 8p and booked the noon shuttle but were ready to leave at 1030 so had the desk call a cab which was there in less than 5 minutes. Shuttle from airport to hotel was about a 20 minute wait. Took us longer to get to the hotel as someone had gotten on the wrong Hyatt shuttle so took them to the other Hyatt which happened to be not far from the cambria Suites. The area over there had much busier looking streets. Not sure what was nearer to the Cambria but everything we saw was definitely a walk from it.

Also like the Hyatt, great rooms - walking distance to Publix, Total Wines, and probably 10 restaurants. Shuttle leaves something to be desired though from the airport... waited for about an hour so.. Take a taxi !! Same thing to the port, first come first served.. line up started at 9:30 for a 11:00 shuttle - we just called a cab.

We just finished 2 night at the Hyatt Place using Value Trip. The location was very convenient. Our room was large and clean and the staff was fantastic..The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport but we took a taxi to the ship...We will definitely use the Hyatt Place again...

We are staying at the Hyatt Place North for 2 nights pre-cruise. Is it easy to get to the beach and other popular areas from the hotel? Is the "Trolley" accessible and where does it go?

Thanks!

We stayed at Cambria Suites on March 19th before our cruise on Ruby Princess. The hotel is brand new so everything is very clean and shinny. The room was very clean and nice, sitting area, fridge, micro and 2 flat screen TV's. Closet is a little hard to get into because it was right next to the bed, but really not a major issue. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful. Free shuttle to and from airport/cruise ship

We drove from SC and our rate of $143 incl taxes included free parking for up to 20 days. I believe they have recently made some changes to that package. We did use the free shuttle to and from the cruise ship and like most hotel shuttles it was crowded. Just have patience they do the best they can and it is FREE. What difference is there if you wait in the hotel lobby or the cruise terminal lobby. When we got off the ship the shuttle was there waiting for us.

The hotel does not have a free breakfast buffet, the cost is $8 p/p. They also have a limited lunch and dinner menu which is served at tables in the lobby (we did not eat there so I cannot comment on the prices or the food). Since we had the car we just drove to McDonald's 1/2 mile away for breakfast. The hotel sits back off the road behind the Best Western and really does not have much right on top of it. There is a large shopping center including a K-Mart and many other stores and restaurants about a 1/2 mile from the hotel. It is walkable, but you do have to cross a busy major highway (yes there are traffic lights).

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please ask.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to be staying at the Hyatt Place in October and I have a few questions. We will be traveling with our two daughters, ages 5 and 7. How safe is it to walk to the stores and restaurants? Also, how much is the taxi to and from the hotel to the port for 4? Thanks!

We are going to be staying at the Hyatt Place in October and I have a few questions. We will be traveling with our two daughters, ages 5 and 7. How safe is it to walk to the stores and restaurants? Also, how much is the taxi to and from the hotel to the port for 4? Thanks!

Taxi is about $15. It is pretty safe to walk around, as there is plenty on your side of 17th St (the main rd). It is several blocks walk (flat) to the grocery store if you don't take the shortcut throught the back of the shopping center. There is Outback, Doughboys Pizza, and KFC really close.

There are several Hyatt Place hotels in FLL area. Make sure you are sure about the location. I thought HP North was kind of far from the port.

I don't think you mean Hyatt Place North ... that property is literally within walking distance of Port Everglades. A bit too far for me to drag the luggage, but a very easy walk after my morning coffee! :cool:

I don't think you mean Hyatt Place North ... that property is literally within walking distance of Port Everglades. A bit too far for me to drag the luggage, but a very easy walk after my morning coffee! :cool:

You are probably correct. I believe I was thinking of the Plantation location. I just stayed at the HP North location just off 17th st last January. It was very nice. We are staying at the one on the other side of the airport in July. They look the same inside.

We stayed at Hyatt Place oin Nov. I got it on Hot wire for a very good price. It was convenient to 17th street with grocery store and restaurants. The shuttle from the airport and to the pier was a great help. The hotel was a disappointment. The room is large but not very fancy. My husband and grandaughter were very disappointed. The breakfast concept is good but in reality they didn't have enough food or space for everyone to eat prior to going to the pier.

I have mixed feelings about staying there again. I guess it comes down to convenience and price versus luxury.

Marcia

We stayed at Hyatt Place oin Nov. I got it on Hot wire for a very good price. It was convenient to 17th street with grocery store and restaurants. The shuttle from the airport and to the pier was a great help. The hotel was a disappointment. The room is large but not very fancy. My husband and grandaughter were very disappointed. The breakfast concept is good but in reality they didn't have enough food or space for everyone to eat prior to going to the pier.

I have mixed feelings about staying there again. I guess it comes down to convenience and price versus luxury.

Marcia

Are you kidding? Please tell me you are. I stayed there this past January and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are huge with a HUGE sectional sofa sitting area. We had a fridge etc. And besides its one day of your life. Not sure what you are used to but I'm betting that if you bid on a hotel you don't usually stay in 5 star places.

I got that Hyatt Place for $50 per night in January. What a bargain!!! And will be staying at the airport north location in July for $45 per night.

Are you kidding? Please tell me you are. I stayed there this past January and was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are huge with a HUGE sectional sofa sitting area. We had a fridge etc. And besides its one day of your life. Not sure what you are used to but I'm betting that if you bid on a hotel you don't usually stay in 5 star places.

I got that Hyatt Place for $50 per night in January. What a bargain!!! And will be staying at the airport north location in July for $45 per night.

Please share with me how you got such a nice rate at the Hyatt Place? We are looking at it ourselves. Thanks!

Please share with me how you got such a nice rate at the Hyatt Place? We are looking at it ourselves. Thanks!

I bid on Priceline. Have stayed at several other places in FLL that I bid on Priceline for. Once a few years ago I had to bid up to $80 and thats the most I ever paid. I have gotten the Rennaisance for $60 once.

Just start low and only request one area. then add areas and bump the bid up $5 each time. Sometimes you have to wait 24 hours before re-bid. Just explore Bidding for Travel and you'll see how it works.

And check out the Hyatt Place web-site to check out their rooms--or any other hotel in the list for that matter.

Archived