State room outlets/on board credits

Cruisenewbie85

Two quick questions for anyone with information.

1. Do cruisers need to bring special electrical outlet adapters? The ship was built in Europe and I don't know if the electrical outlets are european. I have an adapter kit I used to carry when traveling in Europe.

2. When we booked our cruise, we got about $300 in various on-board credits. When will we see this? Is it something that we'll see on our account after we board the ship?

Thanks.

1. Outlets will be just like the ones in North America. No worries there.

2. Depends on where the OBC comes from. If it's a Celebrity promotion you should see it listed on your Celebrity invoice. It's typically on your account by day two of the cruise. If it's from a TA there's likely to be a note in your cabin letting you know and/or the cabin steward will show up and have you sign something for it. I suggest taking documentation with you that have the various OBC amounts just in case.

All of Celebrity's ships have both North American style 110V grounded outlets AND a pair of European style 220v outlets (round prongs).

We carry a plug adaptor for North American to European style plugs so that we can plug our 220V compatible battery chargers and other compatible electronics into the 220V outlets. These run $5 to $10 on web sites like Amazon or Magellan's. My wife also has a dual voltage travel hair dryer she uses these on. using the 220V outlets frees up the 110V and gives us a total of 4 outlets (2 each) which is plenty for us and avoids the need for an outlet strip. We've found that all of our cell phone, camera, and laptop chargers are 220V compatible (says so on the charger).

Archived