best beach in Grand Turk to find sea glass?

youngcruiser4

Hi everyone! I was hoping that someone could tell me where the best place is to find sea glass? I have searched online and read that there are supposedly beaches in grand turk where you can find sea glass by the handful. After reading previous posts there have been a few reports about finding small amounts of sea glass on Govenor's beach but no other beaches were reported. Any advice would be appreciated.

When we visited last summer we visited two beaches. The only beach we found sea glass on was Governor's Beach. The glass washed up onto shore. We sat at the edge of the water and just collected the sea glass. There were plenty of green, brown, and clear peices to be found. We were really excited to find different shades of blue and turquoise.

I'm happy to see a post about Govenor's Beach. I wanted to go the last time we were there, but the pool was where we settled after a walk along the beach for shells.

Did you take a taxi to Govenor's? I read they are just outside the welcome center, but we didn't go past the shops. A guide said we could walk the beach, but would have to go around fences. I also read that the road past the welcome center is an option and it's about 1/2 mile. Not too sure what that walk would be like, a cab seems like a better bet.

I am excited about the possibility of sea glass. I try to collect shells and glass from each beach...hopefully there will be some.

Did you happen to see Govenors Beach tee shirts? I didnt see them near the cruise dock, they said they didnt know anything about them. Is there a resort that has them? I'm unable to find anything on line or on the hotel sites that are near that beach.

Any info you might provide about the area would be appreciated, we're really hoping to spend some time there.

Thanks.

Archived