Corfu Help - Mouse Island and Vlachema Overlook?

cruiseequalsfun

Hi! Can anyone help? I understand that there is a Mouse Island and Vlachema Overlook where you can take some great photos (at the hilltop of Kannoni?). How do you get there? Is it close enough to walk from Corfu town or do you need a taxi? If so, if you know the cost, that would be great.

Has anyone taken a boat ride to the islands as well. And if you have any information on this - how to do this, costs, etc, please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

When we were on Corfu last summer, we rented a car and drove around the island. I also wanted to take photos of Mouse Island, and we drove to the overlook before returning the rental car. I really can't remember how to get there now and don't remember if there were signs -- I think we just looked at a map and went in that direction. I don't think it was too hard to find. There was a little outdoor restaurant and we took pictures from the railing on the hillside. It would be too far to walk there from town.

617147352_EasternMediterraneanCruise--2009303.jpg.770b5041260776fbd7193b04a8f2ca57.jpg

882806153_EasternMediterraneanCruise--2009300.jpg.ff757cc9f7b603c5eb286e1c41e71954.jpg

Well what you have to do is follow the signs for "Kanoni" and once you pass a couple of hotels and the narrow road opens, you are there!Park the car and you could take your pics from the restaurant and then use the steps to go down to Vlaxerena.The boats tickets costs not more than 5 euros per person (think it is 2,5 euros but not sure).

If you take a taxi everybody knows Kanoni and mouse island.

Tip if you go by car: you could park very close to Vlaxerena (big free parking) and then use the steps to get to Kanoni and take your photos.In that case you have to take the right road instead of the left one while approaching Kanoni.

There are signs for Pontikonisi (Mouse Island) and Vlaxerena!

Archived