Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean - questions.

Hi. I'm going on my first cruise next month on Carnival Glory to Western Caribbean. Anyone here ever been on the Carnival Glory, or to Western Caribbean cruise? I'm going next month and just want to find out what everyone's experiences were about ship: likes, dislikes, what they would've brought, what shore excursions they did, what they liked or did not like, what they would have done if they had to do cruise all over again. Many thanks.

Just off the Glory and we loved it...

The ships colors and design I fell in love with. The staff was amazing and was always smiling and happy.

Our room steward was awesome, not a compalint there at all.

The food was always above par, and hot and fresh.

We were not a big fan of the CD James, but we dont pay enough attention to care. His assistant was better than him, and we enjoyed the activities he had going.

The Western was a great itin, we will be going back to Cayman and Roatan again and again.

Here is the Atrium I loved.

gloryvacation4-18467.jpg

Top decks at night. Loved the Blue lights.

gloryvacation4-18435.jpg

And "the Cinni-bar" it was the Piano Bar and jason the piano player was flipping great!!

gloryvacation4-18075.jpg

we LOVED our Western on the Glory, our fave cruise yet. The ship was great. The crew was great. The ports were pretty good.

The things I'd change:

1.) book ship excursion in Belize, the tendering is insane and wastes a lot of time (where as if you book one of their excursions you go directly from the ship to wherever you're headed and saves you atleast an hour of port time cutting out the stop in Belize City).

2.) I'd eat in the steakhouse twice instead of once, it was really amazing. 3.) I'd book a snorkeling trip in GC (I'm not real impressed with the island itself and this was our second time there).

4.) I'd skip the shows (I wasn't real impressed with the magician or either of the big productions on formal night).

5.) I'd choose Your Time dining (which we have booked for our upcoming Liberty cruise)...my first cruise with the kids and I had a whole 10 minutes to get myself ready after supervising everyone ELSE getting ready.

6.) I'd get up and off the ship earlier than the advertised departing time for our Tabayana excursion (which was AMAZING, I'd totally recommend it), but they had shuttles leaving earlier than they said and I'd have LOVED to have more time there---PARADISE!

Check out my pics and review by following the links below in my signature.

We did the Valor Western Caribbean a year and a half ago, and loved the ports so much that we are going back on the Dream later this year. We sailed the Glory last November, and she is an excellent ship!

The excursions that we did:

Grand Cayman - Hell, Stingray City, and Turtle farm through CCL -Hell wasn't worth it in our opinion, but the other two parts were excellent. Especially the stingrays. It may be Cliche, but it was great fun.

435413628_AzL76-L.jpg

Cozumel - We did Dolphin Meet/Greet and Dolphin Swim through Chankanaab Park. We did this independently of CCL.

435939546_xdjaT-L.jpg

Belize - We did a private tour to Altun Ha and visit to the Belize Zoo through a 3rd party

435924082_dZzdA-L.jpg

Roatan - Which may be our favorite port in the Caribbean (out of 12 that we have visited in the last 18 months), we did the Pirates, Birds, and Monkey Tour through CCL.

435647162_hXhHW-L.jpg

We enjoyed each of the excursions, and would recommend them all. When we return later this year, we are switching it up a bit and doing a beach day in Cozumel, Bodden Tours Zipline in Roatan, and snorkeling at Goffs Caye in Belize.

The whole album can be found at Cruisin-the-Caribbean-November 2008

Archived