12 Year Old

I have 2 children traveling with us. A 9 year old who is going to be in the kids club. Do they have something similiar for my 12 year old Girl. I don't mind taking care of her and watching her but I would like to know if they have some activities for that age that she could go to and "get away" from dad?:)

I was on Oasis in february with my 12 year old son. At this age, the planned activities are less set than for the younger groups. If there isn't enough interest in a particular activity it may not take place.

Best advice I could give your daughter is to go to the teen meet up on the first night. She will most likely conect with some other kids to hang around with on the cruise.

My son spent a fair amount of time with the boys he met the first night playing basketball, attending some of the planned events, and generally eating their way around the ship.

jean

There is a 12-14 group that, as others have said, have less activities than the younger group. But they do have activities. Their activities are the same as the 15-17 group at night (they get mixed together). I know as a father of a 12 year old daughter on my last cruise with the kids, this is a SCARY thing, but it worked out just fine. She made friends with two other 12 year old girls and the three of them were inseparable for the entire week.

It's a lovely thing watching your children enjoy themselves on a cruise!

Oh, and get the phones! They sell out fast!

We were just on the Oasis. They had the 12-14 in separate activities from the older teens. Definitely let her go to the party on the first night to meet other kids her age. The activities are also scheduled not like the younger kids activities. But do get cancelled alot due to not enough interest. Definitely get the phones.

Our DD 14 loves the teen program and has been going since she was 12. it is a lot of fun and the girls make lots of friends. I lost count of how many girls she had over for a slumber party in her cabin last cruise. I imagine the same will happen this upcoming cruise. (she is bringing a friend also, 14, and they will share the cabin....

Archived