Disney with teens

fennema1

We have a large family vacation that includes 4 teens - 16, 15, 14, 13. We have always gone RCCL and they have loved it. This year, though, it looks like Disney will be the choice because of timing. My teens have no interest in Disney or teen clubs. They just want to "hang out" with others their own age. Are there a lot of teens on the cruises? Has anyone cruised both RCCL and Disney with teens?

Thanks!

We have a large family vacation that includes 4 teens - 16, 15, 14, 13. We have always gone RCCL and they have loved it. This year, though, it looks like Disney will be the choice because of timing. My teens have no interest in Disney or teen clubs. They just want to "hang out" with others their own age. Are there a lot of teens on the cruises? Has anyone cruised both RCCL and Disney with teens?

Thanks!

We have cruised both lines with our teens. The teen lounge is a great place to hang out. They can stay in there and do there own thing. It also depends on the teens and what they are looking for. Our kids have always met others their own ages, and had a great time.

We were just on the disney wonder for 3 days and nights, my 12 year old hung out in the teen lounge a couple times and met some girls to hang around with. My 16 year old boy hung around a bit too, he signed up to play a game and did that, but he did not meet anyone. He is a very well liked kid at school, but he is quiet and takes a while to get to know people. He did not meet anyone but hung around a bit with his sister and her 13 year old friends...

I enjoyed the disney cruise, but the teen activities were just so so, and the pools were filled with little kids in the kid pool, (the slide is just for 14 and under but mostly the 6-9 year old set)

The other pool for kids was filled with kids and adults staring at the tv. I found this disturbing.

The adult pool looked awesome but i did not get to spend much time there.

The food, and the shows were awesome. We went to all three shows on our boat and loved them all-even the 16 year old boy and his father.

I have not been on RCCL so I can't compare.

My son "meet " some boys his age before we went on the cruise meet board. ( on a different site)

They emailed each other for a few months.

We had a Dismeet before the sail away party.

They hung out, played foosball, basketball, ping pong, movies, video games, etc. Some times they would hit the teen club and do the activities. My son said it was the best time ever.

Archived