First time cruisers must read list

ava_girl_123

What I find really ironic, is the "new" cruisers on a message board about cruising, telling the "experienced" cruisers what information they found "useful" when they have never been on a cruise :)

I think the negative posts about this list are as informative as the original post. If you believe all information you can ingest is helpful, you will also take note the "negative" posts mention what they don't like, and usually the "why" behind it.

Take what you can use, and turn it into something helpful, but it would be helpful to everyone to remember boards are opinions, and everyone can have a different one.

My 2 cents:I also have the clear over the door shoe holder to store all of my stuff (wallet, cards, sunscreen, sunglasses, ect) but I don't put it on the bathroom door, as I find the bathroom is small enough. Instead I put it on the closet door, out of the way, but still accessible!

I like that last part, that's an awesome idea.

ETA: Should we take one for me and one for my DH or will we be okay with one for the both of us?

I like that last part, that's an awesome idea.

ETA: Should we take one for me and one for my DH or will we be okay with one for the both of us?

There are a few different sizes, I bought a 6 pair (12 pocket) size and think it will be perfect for DH and I. A family might like a 12 pair size. Got mine for $2.00 at the dollar store.

P.S. Lucky you...only 4 days, I am soooo jealous. Have a great cruise!

Hi all :)...I am recently back from my first cruise, on 'Rhapsody' from Sydney to Honolulu via FP. I actually wanted to make my permanent address 'Rhapsody of the Seas'...but they dragged me off kicking and screaming anyway when we reached Honolulu :eek: :D...I just loved that ship!...even though I was seriously ill with pneumonia for much of the way :(

Before we left Perth to join the ship in Sydney I had read so much on what to take that I was overwhelmed. I could not imagine what I would need duct tape for, considering that my suitcases were new and very strong. However...a few days before we left I found a small roll of duct tape in a drawer and for the heck of it I packed it. So, did I use it?...too right I did!....in our stateroom two drawers insisted on sliding open. I closed them and five minutes later...when I wasn't looking....out they slid again. I remembered the duct tape and hey ho!...problem fixed.

I also took a small night light which came in handy...and some imodium. On being taken to the ship's medical centre the doctor examined me and I had an x-ray. Breathing was very difficult and I was put in the ICU room. I was given very strong antibiotics, along with some other type of fever-reducing medication. Then I was confined to my stateroom but had to go to the medical centre twice a day to go on the 'breathing' machine...I forget what it was called.

So, the very strong antibiotics gave me terrible problems with my tummy (if you know what I mean)...and that's where the imodium came in handy, it eased that problem somewhat.

So the night light, the duct tape and the imodium all came in very handy and I thank all those who recommended taking those things. I didn't take anything else extra except my weekly medication organiser.

I would just like to thank the doctor, nurses and radiographer, I couldn't have had better care :)

Oh yes, nearly forgot...post it notes for stateroom attendant...mainly to say "please could you leave extra toilet rolls" :eek:

Archived