Tell me about Todd Whitmer...

MamaParrotHead

Haven't heard a lot about him as a CD, just curious. Have had one good CD, one bad CD, and one nearly MIA CD. And wondering where he'd fall amongst them. LOL

We got off the Dream on 4/24. Todd was fine. Fairly deadpan humor, but rather accessible when he was around. Didn't see him much during the day but I ran into him a few times as he was getting ready to do his morning show (Club O2) and he stopped to answer some of my questions.

I did notice that he and James (the assistant CD) didn't have a fantastic relationship. They were cordial and sometimes interacted, but at times it appeared a tad tense.

However, Todd was quite social at the deck parties.

P1010007.jpg

Hope this helps (a bit)

We were with him last September-October on the inaugural sailing of the Dream and found him to be a GREAT guy. He was very personable, always took the time to chat or answer a question when we saw him.

Of course he tells the same old CD jokes--they all do. But we found him to be genuine and fun. Loved the morning show. Watched/listened when we were getting up and out and around.

Edited to add:

I lost a photo card on the Dream and contacted Todd. He went to my steward on two subsequent sailings to see if it had shown up. It had not, but I thought that was nice of him to help me, especially to go back and check a second time.

We sailed with Todd twice - Conquest in 2005 and Liberty in 2007. I like him a lot. He did a great job with the 2005 cruise, since we were chased around by Hurricane Dennis and he had to rearrange the schedule to replace a port day with a sea day and add an extra sea day to the end of the cruise, and he really came up with some good alternatives. DH still says that one was his favorite cruise.

Make sure you go to any and all deck parties that are scheduled...because Todd sings and looks like a rock star. He has a very impressive voice and could front for a rock band. He was also quite nice to my DD when she won the free dinners at the Sun King during the past guest party. I did have to call him in order to get some of the other things she won at the time and while he never called back....and it didn't matter either......we got everything she won before the cruise was over.

BTW, I am no CD nut or anything and quite frankly I couldn't care who the CD is on any cruise I took and certainly could not care less about the blog that one of them writes...however, you asked about Todd and this was my impression of him.

Archived